Story Creation - Character Creation

Pillar 1 - Gimmick: A character's gimmick is the most recognizable and the most shallow aspect of who they are. This is the groundwork upon which we the creator will build our character(s). Choosing a Gimmick not only allows us to create a foundation from which to build a more three-dimensional and deeper character but also to make an easy-to-understand character concept with a clear point of view that makes an instant impression at the table, screen, or page.
- Examples of Gimmicks: Quick to Anger, Scaredy-Cat, Jokester, Absolute Idiot, Know-it-All, Excessively Naive, Prissy Noble, Morbid, Creepy, and Compulsive Liar.
- Your Character Gimmick: ________________________________________________________

Pillar 2 - Conflict: A character's Conflict is the main issue they are facing. This, along with your character's Want, will allow you to set the groundwork for a character arc by giving your character a direction to grow in. Conflict should be personal to your character, rather than vaguely related to them. Choosing a Conflict is the start of building your character's main motivation. It allows you to start thinking of a backstory that is specifically made to facilitate the growth of your character through the campaign (adventure/story), as well as give your character something to do during play.
- Examples of Conflict:  Are being persecuted for a crime they did not commit; Evading the authorities; Being disowned by their family; Losing a loved one; Suffering a great injustice; Being the object of a prophecy; and Discovering a mystery.
- Your Character's Conflict: ________________________________________________________

Pillar 3 - Want: Your character's Want is the second piece to build your character's arc. A Want is your character's deepest desire at the start of their story. A character that wants something is the key to making a dynamic and highly motivated character who seeks out and has agency in their own story, rather than a character that passively has the story happen to them. A Want can also set up a character arc in which that want is replaced by a need, which is related to the original Want but is informed by the story the character has gone through. A character could start their story with the Want to change so their parents accept them as their hire, and through the story, they grow and change to find they need to love themselves as they are.
- Examples of Wants: I want to find out who my parents are; I want to be accepted by my family; I want to become strong enough that I don't need to rely on anyone else again; I want those who wronged me to suffer; I want to rule my father's kingdom; I want to be rich; I want to bring a loved one back from the dead.
- Your Character's Want:___________________________________________________________

Here's a video to make sure I don't receive backlash, Pointy Hat, I thank you for helping me with creating a good character and inspiring me to write the stories I have in mind to the public. I hope I do well.