Chapter one

„And you just blew her up,"Ron asked, while laughing

Maddison, Harry, Hermione and Ron were currently in the Hogwarts express, searching for an empty compartment.

„I didn't mean to. I just lost control,"Harry said.

„Brilliant,"Ron replied.

„Honestly Ronald, it's not funny. Harry can be glad that he didn't get expelled,"Hermione scolded Ron.

„Still brilliant,"Ron and Maddison grinned.

„Here. All the others are full,"Hermione and the four fiends entered the almost compartment.

„Who's this,"Ron asked.

„Professor R. J. Lupin,"Hermione answered.

„How do you know everything,"Ron frowned.

„It's on his suitcase Ronald,"Hermione replied.

„Oh,"Ron muttered as they sat down and Hermione turned to Maddison who sat next Harry, with her black cat on her lap.

„By the way, I  love what you did with your hair, Maddy,"Hermione smiled at her friend.

„Thanks Mione,"Maddison grinned while playing with a few of her purple coloured strands.

„Uhm guys,"Harry began which gave him a chorus of 'yeahs'.

„Do you think he's really asleep,"Harry asked.

„Seems so. Why,"Maddison said.

„Because I gotto tell you guys something,"Harry said and closed the compartment door.

„So you're saying that Sirius Black only escaped from Azkaban to come after you and Maddie,"Ron asked after what Harry had told them.

„Yeah,"Harry said.

„But they'll catch Black, won't they,"Hermione asked. „I mean everyone's looking for him."

„Sure. Expect no one's ever broke out from Azkaban before and he's murderous, raving, lunatic,"Ron said.

„Thanks Ron,"Harry mumbled sarcastically.

„Feeling so much better right now,"Maddie frowned sarcastic, while she was patting her cat. Maddie had read about it in the Daily Prophet and wasn't what to think about her father having escaped that prison.

Then the train screeched and came to a stop.

„Why are we stoping,"Hermione asked confused. „We can't be there yet."

Harry stood up and and looked outside of the compartment door. The train jolted again, causing Harry to be thrown onto the seat, next to Maddie again.

The door slides open again.

„What's going on,"Ron asked in slight panic.

„Dunno. Maybe we broke down or something,"Maddie said.

„Guys I think there's something moving out there,"Ron said after looked out of the window.

Maddie grabbed Harry's hand, who squeezed it slightly as the compartment suddenly became ice cold and the train jolted again.

„Bloody hell?! What's happening,"Ron exclaimed.

Suddenly a skeleton hand opened the compartment door and a hooded figure creeped inside. The two cats hissed at the creature as it flew inside. The others gasped frightened.

The creature flew over to Harry and Maddie.

Maddie felt all her happiness being sucked out of her, as her and Harry's world turned black, when their consciousness left them.

The 'sleeping' man jumped on his feet with his wand raised and made the creature go away.

„Maddie?!" „Harry?!"

Maddie heard her name being called and her eyes fluttered opened as she slowly sit up, Ron and Hermione were looking at them concerned.

Hermione handed Harry his glasses who put them on, as they heard a cracking sound and looked to the man.

„Here. Eat this,"The man said softly and handed Harry and Maddie a piece of chocolate.

„Don't worry. It's only chocolate,"He added.

„What was that thing,"Harry asked.

„That was a dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now. It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with the driver,"the man replied and headed to the compartment door.

„Eat. And you'll feel better,"The man pointed to the chocolate and left the compartment.

„What happened to us,"Maddie after she took a bite of the chocolate and stroke her cats fur.

„Well, you sort of went rigid. We thought you two were having a fit or something,"Ron answered.

„And did you either of you two ... you know faint,"Harry asked.

„No. But I felt weird though. Like I would never be happy again,"Ron replied.

„But someone was screaming. A woman,"Harry said.

„Yeah,"Maddie nodded agreeing.

„No one was screaming,"Hermione shook her head, causing Maddie and Harry to look at each other confused.

Everyone had arrived at Hogwarts and was seated at their places as Dumbledore made his way up to the podium.

„Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words, before we become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor Remus Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against Dark Arts teacher. Good luck professor."

The students and teachers applauded for the new professor.

Hermione leaned over to Maddie and Harry. „Of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate."

Draco Malfoy turned to Harry.
„Potter. Potter. Is it true ? You actually fainted? I mean you actually fainted?"

„How does he know about that,"Harry whispered to Maddie, who shrugged.

Maddie turned to Draco. „I fainted too. So I dare you say another word,"Maddie glared at her cousin, making him turn around.

„Our care of magical creatures teaches has decided to retire,"Dumbledore continued.  „In order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I am delighted to announce that this place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."

Every student (expect for the Slytherins) applauded for Hagrid, the Gryffindors were the loudest.

„Finally, on a more serious note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such time as Sirius Black is captured."

Whispers erupted in the great hall amongst the students. Some of them sent nasty or curious glances at Maddie, who looked down uncomfortably. Harry noticed Maddy's discomfort and squeezed her hand to comfort her, which Maddie with a small smile.

„The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disturb our day-to-day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and everyone of you, to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light."