Circle of Lies

The Blueberry Yogurt Academy is always so lively. With students rushing between classes, the library, the town, it's no wonder there always feels to be an endless stream of people on the paths.

(C/F) Cookie sighs as they watch a student force their way through one of the hedges they had just carefully trimmed, "Why do I even try?"

Beside them, their pet (P/N) whimpers, snuggling their side.

Ever since the two of them had been injured by a horrific crash in their Timecraft on their way back to the Time Balance Department headquarters, they had been stuck recovering here at the Blueberry Yogurt Academy. They'd have contacted Croissant Cookie or even the Director herself due to how much of an emergency this was, but all their communication devices were utterly destroyed in the wreckage and they had minimal time to try and work on fixing them. As kind as the headmaster had been to them—ensuring they were recovering correctly and giving them a place to stay—they were almost more brutal than Dark Fondue Cookie or Baguette Cookie when it came to seeing tasks completed. As the temporary academy gardener, they had been left with no choice other than to learn all they could about these creepy flowers that stared at them wherever they went, unless they wanted to incur the wrath of Bacholamoth the Dreamer.

"I know right." They pat their pet's head. "We spend all that time making these bushes look perfect, only for these kids to trample through them... why do we still even try?"

(P/N) coos, looking up at the Cookie's face. It seems oddly worried. It's been a lot more on edge since the accident, like it's scared of something following them.

"Why don't we go take a break?" (C/F) Cookie starts walking towards the greenhouse. "I need one after cutting back all those thorny bushes."

(P/N) races ahead and they watch it zoom around the corner and out of sight with a soft smile. It seems to be doing much better than before, especially as the accident nearly crumbled the little guy. The headmaster seemed shocked that neither of them were nothing more than crumbs and, honestly, they were too.

"Why hasn't anyone come looking for us yet...?" They mumble. Normally this would have been filed an incident almost immediately and someone from the Time Investigation Department would have shown up to get them. So why hasn't anyone come? It's ridiculous to think this was supposed to happen!

Pushing open the greenhouse door with a sigh, they stop dead in their tracks when they hear (P/N) hissing. It takes them about ten seconds to process what they're seeing.

Papers and books cover the floor and these two little blonde students are staring at them like they think they're about to be murdered.

"What...?" They look around, flabbergasted, "What are you kids doing...?!"

"We, uh..." the boy with disheveled yellow-blonde hair looks around as if he's searching for an excuse.

"We didn't think anyone was using the greenhouse..." the girl with braided white-blonde hair finishes for him.

"You both should be in class, so scram before I tell the headmaster." This is THEIR ditching work spot! They're not going to let these children take it from them.

"They don't teach us anything we don't already know..." the girl awkwardly fumbles with her uniform sleeves.

"I don't care." (C/F) Cookie grumbles, "You can't turn the greenhouse into a secret nerd hang out." They're already trying to rebuild their destroyed Timecraft here, having these kids find it would be a catastrophe.

Both guiltily stare at the floor. "We just wanted research topics they don't go over in class..." the boy frowns. Together they are the picture of awkward nerds.