𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙇𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨- 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧

𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙇𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘬𝘭𝘪𝘯- 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦 12-𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳
𝘛𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘑𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘭- 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦 11- 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳

"𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭."

TAYLOR had always noticed the small things and cared about the people around her. On the surface level, she acted like she didn't care. But the truth was that she was one of the most loyal and devoted people in town. 

When Susannah's sickness worsened in late March, Taylor noticed little changes in Belly's behavior. The thing that upset Taylor the most wasn't that there were changes. That part didn't upset her at all. It was the fact that Belly's behavior was changing because of her boyfriend, Conrad

Belly was optimistic-- and quite honestly, delusional-- concerning hope for Susannah's future. Taylor echoed Belly's submerged pain, knowing just how much it would truly affect her best friend when Susannah didn't make it. The chances weren't good at all. Taylor knew it before Belly did, that Susannah wouldn't make it. 

Conrad, opposite his girlfriend, was wholly depressed. Taylor gathered that much by seeing the look on Belly's face every time after Conrad left. Not only was he depressed, but he wasn't treating his girlfriend right at all.

Yes, his mother was dying. But how was it fair of him to treat everyone else like shit just because he was going through something? Taylor knew, better than anyone, that people are supposed to come together during grief. 

Belly's and Conrad's relationship eventually escalated to a point of no return, and it just so happened to occur the night of Belly and Taylor's junior prom. 

Taylor knew something bad was happening the minute Belly and Conrad walked out of the room where the dance was taking place. It didn't take long for Steven to notice it either, and he didn't hesitate to run after the two of them. 

Taylor wanted to wait, but she had no choice. She politely told her date that she needed to go find her best friend and got out of there as quickly as she could. 

By the time she made it to her best friend, it was finished.

Belly was hysterically sobbing in Steven's arms, and Conrad was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, Cinderbelly," Taylor whispered as her eyes softened, quietly walking towards her to comfort her best friend. Belly wiped her eyes, even though the tears were still running like a roaring river, and clung to Taylor with all the strength she could summon after leaving her older brother's comforting embrace.

Taylor held Belly as tightly as she could and closed her eyes, incapable of seeing the wretchedly intense pain on her best friend's face any longer. Mere seconds later, Steven wrapped his arms around his younger sister and her best friend, holding them both as close to him as possible.

That night was only the beginning of the messy next few months.

After Belly's and Conrad's breakup and Susannah's death, STEVEN noticed Taylor at his house even more than usual. She was only at her own house three nights a week, if not less. 

She stayed by Belly's side all the time. Whether it was making her food while Belly was attempting to catch up on missed homework, simply holding Belly close, or hiding away in Belly's room with her, Taylor was there. Always.

Steven had always liked Taylor. How couldn't he? She was funny, oddly enough-- wise beyond her years, and one of the most loyal people he'd ever met. Her looks were always on the list too because no matter if someone liked or disliked Taylor Jewel, no one could ever call that girl anything less than radiating. She also smelled good all the time, which was nice because Steven knew some girls-- especially in his grade-- that smelled like BO and sweat all the time.