CHAPTER 1

(Y/n's POV)

I have been in the SCP Foundation for two weeks, and during that time, I have managed to survive. To be honest, I didn't think it could get any worse, but on the plus side, I was fortunate enough to just have to clean the offices. Although the employees are horrible, things could be worse.

The guards escort me from my cell and I leave on foot. I'm escorted to an elevator area and told, "You are in testing today." With the SCP, I'll be testing. I hope that's one of those...? What do you call them once more? Safe Class, is it correct?  One of the guards interrupted my train of thought. "Oh, we forgot to tell you."

 The guard whispered, "Don't let him touch you," as I nod and blink a little oddly. What did they mean when they said that? I said to myself. One of the guards opened the door for me when we came to a really huge sliding door. As soon as I enter the cell, my heart stops. As memories, they're all striking me with this man!

"Doctor?" I turn to face the man whose back is toward me and ask in a quiet voice. The guy pauses his work and turns to face me. "My Dearest, Y/n," he says in a quiet voice, and I can see the astonishment hiding behind his mask. As I approached him carefully, I could feel my heart racing. It feels like forever since I last saw him. In addition, 600 years is nearly 700. As he approaches me slowly, I say, "It's been a long time, Doctor." I couldn't help but notice that others are observing me and the doctor, but I couldn't help myself. He appears to be a man in starvation. 

'SCP-049' the voice over the intercom says, 'Stay away from-.' The guy goes quiet as the doctor touches and caresses my cheek. He leaned down and said, "My Dearest, it has been a long time." I tilt myself into his touch. I have never been fond of this feeling, no matter how many times I am reborn. Recalling and interacting with individuals from previous lifetimes...

"Don't cry, my Dearest. We are together again." Wiping away my tears with his thumb, as he informs me. I was sobbing without even realizing it. He leans in awkwardly and gives me the best kiss he can manage. I've moved on, so I didn't want to kiss him, yet I'm melting for him. Once more and begin kissing in return. How many of my other ex-partners are present in this foundation. I wonder to myself. It is evident to me that I have encountered numerous odd individuals. 

Guards burst into the cell, and I had to shove the doctor out of the way to avoid getting grabbed by two of them. "You can't have her!" As the guards begin to remove me from the doctor's cell, the doctor yells out, "Doctor, I'll be okay!" As I'm being taken from the cell and into another room, I reassure him. As soon as a male researcher entered the room, I could see the guards staring at me with contempt. And the guard made me sit on the other chair as he took a seat on the chair.

"D-Class 5656, I apologize for dragging you out, but I need to know everything that transpired between you and SCP-049," he said to me. "How are you acquainted with him? How come you weren't killed by his touch? I must be fully informed!" I nod as he asked me a number of questions. "I had a long-term relationship with SCP-049. I had one of my past lives, and it was in 1347." I said, as soon as I saw that the researcher had quickly put up a recorder.

 "I had countless lives before this one. This one is just one of them. In one of my previous lifetimes, I lived in Paris while the plague was rampant, and that's the only time I ever encountered SCP-049. I had witnessed a great deal of death and tragedy in that existence as one of the nurses caring for the sick. That's when I got to know the doctor who treats plague. I could communicate with him in just enough French, and he could speak a little English."

-------------------------

(Flashback: The Black Death)

"Ah miss, I need your help for a moment." The doctor asks me, and when I glance up at him, I notice that he is dressed like a doctor dealing with plague. I turned to face him, nodding. "Doctor, what do you need?" I ask him? "Man is present." He says to me, "Who I cannot comfort, and he needs a more... gentler hand." I nod and approach the man, who is sobbing and trembling, and sit down next to him.