Chapter 1

It was a bright cold day in November, and the clocks were striking eighteen . It was All Souls Day , or "Party Day" for my good friend , Alan , as it was a day he celebrates another year of his jolly life , like any other present day man would . I had been invited , obviously , along with 20 other people he had been acquainted well with. Like any other party , the party boy would be busy with calls from his relatives and friends , who couldn't make it , then the singing of the birthday song begins , the dancing and fun and games begins , and then dinner . Of course Garo food had to be cooked , followed by some other ethnic or continental recipes , made by his mother , Miss Lana .

Well , the birthday routine was as usual , as expected . It got to the phase where the night was over and people would say their good-byes like it's their last . The birthday boy would go to bed and think to himself, "Oh man , that was one hell of a day!" . I was the last one to leave as I was his closest friend present at the party . I said goodnight to him , and thanked Miss Lana for the food , the Garo dish in particular . I said, "Miss Lana , the dish was great , I wish my Mum could've had a taste!". Obviously , I wouldn't mean it , well , that's what we do right? I took my first step outside , and realized that it was a darn cold night . I looked at my watch as a "reality check" and saw that it was quarter past ten . Well , there were two roads I could go through , one option being the highway and the small path which crosses the cemetery . I didn't pay much attention to the word "cemetery" . I knew that taking the highway means a chance of booking a cab and head on home , but at such a time , the chances of booking a cab were pretty slim. I knew I couldn't risk it , and hence took the path . The path first lead to a clearing , and as I reached there , I took out my phone and took a picture of one part of the cemetery , lit up like Christmas . After taking approximately five to seven shots , I carried on my journey , not thinking about the possible consequences . Man , I kept remembering the spooky stories my grandma would tell me as a kid , like the one about a vampire sighting , the ghosts and the were-wolfs . But I could tell , no matter how much my mind was fighting these silly thoughts , those stories seemed to seep in , like it was trying to tell me something.

"Eh , it's probably that cup of coffee I had atAlan's", I said . No sooner did I reach the first gate of the cemetery than Ihad started walking for three minutes . Again the sight of the light up graveswere breath-taking indeed . As I approached the second gate , I heard cries ofnot one but a group of people.