Your new digital pet (chapter one)

(in this story your name is Arlo <3)
You have just gotten a brand new computer it runs much smoother than your last one the graphics look so much cleaner and the processing speed is much faster. due to this you decided to get a few games as you search the web for your new apps a ad pops up on the screen advertising a new digital companion you think nothing of it and click it away but as you continue your search the ad keeps appearing at some point multiple at a time. As you go to click them away the whole screen is consumed in the ads it freezes and eventually crashes. you restart your computer as it boots back up you notice a new app on the screen "kinito pet" as you examine the logo you let you a deep sigh "well I guess it can't hurt."

   you boot up the new app a small pink egg appears on your screen you click it a few times all of a sudden a pink axolotl hatches from the egg stepping out and kicking the shell off screen. "Well hello im Kinito pet but you can just call me Kinito! I can play games, read and write stories, and manage your desktop! And what might your name be?" A text box appears on your screen it says "what is your name?" You look at it for a moment before writing "Arlo." kinito stands there for a moment before saying "I've never heard that name before is that your real name?" You roll your eyes playfully as you select "yes" Kinito jumps up excitedly "Well it's nice to meet ya Arlo were going to have so much fun together..." As he trails off his voice deeps slightly glitching out just before the whole screen freezes and it crashes.

   You watch in confusion as the app shuts down after a moment you decide to leave it be and shut off the computer you walk to your closet pulling out some black silky pajamas. You slip them on throwing the old clothes into the laundry basket you lean over flicking off the light and crawling into bed the only light the faint glow of the moon coming through the blinds and the only sound the ceiling fans slight rattle and the computers soft humming. You close your eyes and drift off to sleep curling up in the bed cuddling your childhood teddy.