Dear Diary, We won and I'm happy

29/05/22

Dear Diary,

We won the IPL finals today and I'm happy

It was one of the happiest moments of my life, being able to win GT the cup.

I think Hardik Bhaiya was proud, he kept saying it and nothing made me happier.

But who'd think a phone call would make me happiest?

" Congratulations!" Sara's voice chimed over the other line and Shahneel bit back a smile as she saw Shubman's face light up.

" Th-thanks! You saw the match?"

" We all did. Arjun was glued to the television ever since the match started, Baba was also pretty much into it. In-fact, he wanted to talk to you, I think you should talk to him and Arjun."

" What a match Shubman! You played extensively well! So so well played! Congratulations!"

" Thank you so much sir! You calling me means so much!" He was smiling wide.

" Well played Shubi! Congratulations!" Arjun's voice echoed over the line.

" Thank you so much!"

After exchanging a few more words with him, Sachin and Arjun handed back the phone to Sara.

A tranquil hush spread over for a while till Shubman hesitantly spoke.

" W-what did you call for?" He asked, inwardly cursing himself for stuttering and Shahneel smacked her forehead.

" Paagal!" She cursed under her breath.

" Gadha hai yeh."

" Dimaag se paidal."

" Jesus why is he so stupid?" Seb sighed.

Shubman sighed as they continued to curse him.

" To congratulate you? You won the match, you got the player of match award, and the player of the tournament. I called to congratulate you, can I not?"

" N-no...I thought you called for work or something-"

" Shubman, I called to congratulate you. That's it and that's all. Should I have not? Am I only supposed to contact you for work?"

" No no no no no! That's not what I meant! I...you...um...you're so busy, so...so I thought..."

" I'm not so busy that I can't spare time for a call." She said softly.

" Y-yeah. I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way. Thanks for calling, it means a lot to me!" He said and immediately regretted it.

To me?

How stupid! Ab woh kya sochegi?

What were you thinking when you said this?

His conscience berated him as he awaited a response.

" I had to call! Baba and Arjun really wanted to talk to you and I wanted to congratulate you as well. Anyway, I'll hang up now! You must be busy, Shah was saying you're having a dinner party. So talk to you later! Bye! Enjoy!"