-

The reserved church girl Emma Larson is someone who is trying to figure out who she is just like most teenagers, but somewhere along the way of finding herself she realized she wasn't aloud to love in the way she wanted to, And with her storm of secrets it causes her to view her own identity through a lens of shame and guilt. It's a shadow that follows her, whispering words of self-doubt and self-rejection. She finds herself yearning for acceptance, not just from the world, but from herself and most importantly her mom.
These battles keep her from embracing who she truly is. How long can one be stuck in a silent struggle with a world in black and white?

——-——-

Now Anya Dubois the tough yet sensitive soul is quite the opposite she has always known who she was, and not once has she second-guessed herself. Her sharp words and cold demeanor can be off-putting to those around her but shes not as big and bad as she pretends to be. Her hostility is her armor, but it's also her prison, keeping her trapped in a cycle of rage and misery.

——-——-

But you see Emma was the only one who looked beyond the girl's harsh exterior and recognized the hurt and fear that lies beneath.

the two have many of their own battles to fight- but at least they can fight it at each other's side.

"It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."