Joothan(Leftovers)

"Madam, I am hungry. Please give me food." A young girl asked her mistress, where she was working as a maid for food and shelter.

The fat lady, wearing a brown coloured Saree was spoon feeding her daughter.

The age difference between the girls was only one year; the maid was 11 years old while the daughter was 10 year old.

The lady and the daughter were sitting on the sofa while the young maid was sitting on the floor.

"Rohini, you will get the leftovers only. Don't forget, I am the daughter."

Rohini's eyes were fixated on the food and she nodded happily. She licked her lips in hunger.

"Go away. You'll put bad vibes on my daughter's food, she will get sick."

Rohini recalled the time, when the present Madam used to be her mummy.

"Darling, why aren't you eating? Come, I will feed you."

Rohini's mother took her in the lap and fed her. She caressed her hair and kissed her. The husband made her ready to go to school. Mummy packed the lunch and bid her goodbye.

Who would have known it truly had become a goodbye of a mother's love from her life?

**********

Rohini was reading a book when the daughter slapped her in the head and snatched it.

"Study is useless for you. Because you, yourself are useless."

She put the book in her school bag and went to kiss her mother. The mother waved her hand when the bus departed to the school.

The mother turned to Rohini and her smile turned to annoyance.

"Have you washed all the dishes."

"Yes. Mo... madam." Rohini's heat dropped when Madam passed beside her.

*************
"Happy birthday to you. Yayyyy." The birthday song was playing in the background and kids were dancing around the house. Rohini was locked in a room and was not allowed to make any noise. She was peeking through a window and smiling. She was holding a knife in her hand, pretending that she was at the daughter's place, cutting the cake.

**************
10 years later

Rohini has became more beautiful with her beautiful curly brown hairs and perfectly curved body.

As always she is in the kitchen, cleaning the mess. After cleaning it, she washed her hands and packed food in a tiffin for her madam.

Madam was going out for a week to her brother's house. And the responsibility to pack the stuff was on Rohini's shoulder.

On the other hand, the daughter was dancing to loose the fat around her waist and whole body.

She was used to sit on the bed whole day, eating pizza's and chips and then working out in the evening.

Rohini had somehow accepted her fate that she was never going to recieve a mother's love.

It would have been good if I wasn't adopted. Why do people adopt when they can't love their adopted and biological child equally?

She thought and looked at the leftovers in her plate. She always got to eat leftovers.

"Do you like this dress?" Madam asked her.

"Yes. It is very pretty."

"I know right. I bought it for my darling daughter."

"A new dress for me? Mummy you're great and loving." The daughter ran towards her mother and snatched the dress from her hands.