Winners And Losers

Never, in anyones memory, had a match approached in such a highly charged atmosphere. The tension between the Gryffindors and the Slytherins were at breaking point. A number of scuffles broke out in the corridors, which often ended with both parties being sent to detention or the hospital wing.

Wood took this matter very seriously, as he ordered everyone from Gryffindor to protect Harry wherever he went. This meant that Harry would always be constantly surrounded by a chattering crowd, who always went very quiet whenever a Slytherin passed by them, as if they were daring them to try something

All usual pursuits were abandoned in the Gryffindor common room the night before the match. Even Hermione and Y/N stopped studying, much to Y/N's immense relief.

"I can't work, I can't concentrate," she nervously murmured.

"You're fine," Y/N said.

There was a great deal of noise. Fred and George were dealing with the pressure by being louder and more exuberant than ever. Wood was crouched over a model of a Quidditch field in the corner, prodding little figures across it with his wand. Angelina, Alicia, and a Katie were laughing at Fred and George's jokes.

Y/N, Hermione, and Ron sat at the corner of the common room with Harry, doing their best to calm him down.

"You're going to be fine," Hermione told him, though she looked positively terrified.

"You've got a Firebolt!" Ron said.

"And you're amazing at flying!" Y/N said.

"Yeah..." Harry said, though he still looked nervous.

The next day, the Great Hall was filled with enormous applause when Harry and the rest of the Gryffindor team enetwred the Great Hall, even the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs cheered. The Slytherin table only hissed loudly.

"I can't wait to see the look on Malfoy's face when they lose," Ron said cockily as Harry and the Gryffindor team finished their breakfasts and left the Great Hall to prepare for the match.

"Well, in any case, the Slytherin's definitely don't have support like this," Y/N said, glancing down the noisy Gryffindor Table.

There were multiple people holding flags with the Gryffindor lion upon them, some were brandishing banners with slogans like 'GO GRYFFINDOR!' and 'LIONS FOR THE CUP!'

"Maybe we should've brought something as well," Y/N said. "Maybe we can conjure up shirts with Harry's face on it?"

"We're supposed to be supporting him, not embarrassing him," Hermione told him.

Soon, the school headed for the Quidditch field. Teacher's walked inbetween the Gryffindors and the Slytherins to prevent another fight to break out, as the Slytherins were taunting the Gryffindors.

"Let me at 'em!" Seamus growled angrily as a group of Slytherin fifth-years were laughing loudly, pointing at him.

"Calm down, Mr. Finnigan," Professor McGonagall said, although she was glaring angrily over at the Slytherins as well.

Once they reached the stands, the Gryffindors were roaring loudly, their yells echoing throughout the stadium, even beating the Slytherin's hisses from the other side.

Soon, the players walked out onto the field, and the Gryffindors erupted into an ear-shattering applause. Banners were waved in the air frantically, and multiple cheers were thrown at the players.

"GO, HARRY!" Ron yelled.

"YOU CAN DO IT!" Y/N screamed.

"KICKC THEIR ARSES, HARRY!" Hermione howled.