Apricity

Sunny's POV

The day was finally here, the day I would marry the love of my life. As I stood in front of the full-length mirror, I could hardly believe it. My heart fluttered with excitement and nerves.

My dress was everything I had ever dreamed of, a princess-style gown with layers of delicate lace and tulle. The bodice was intricately beaded, shimmering with every movement, and the skirt flowed out in a cascade of soft fabric, making me feel like I was floating on a cloud.

I had always imagined a simple wedding, something intimate and low-key. But Ivan, being the hopeless romantic that he was, had other plans. He wanted the world to know how much he loved me, and so our wedding had turned into an all-out affair. I wonder how much he spent. I heard that he already spent 200 thousand dollars for the cake ONLY.

"Sunny, you look absolutely stunning," Amber said, adjusting the veil on my head. Her eyes sparkled with happy tears, and I couldn't help but smile at my best friend.

"Thanks, Amber. I can't believe this is really happening," I whispered, my voice barely above a breath.

Gwyn, who was busy arranging my bouquet of flowers looked up and grinned. "Believe it, girl. You're about to marry the man of your dreams."

I was really happy that she was able to attend. Being a medical worker surely made her very busy so, I am really grateful that she was able to come.

The ceremony was set to take place in a beautiful garden, adorned with an archway of flowers and twinkling fairy lights. As I walked down the aisle, my heart pounded in my chest. My eyes locked onto Ivan's, and all my nerves melted away. He stood there, looking dashing in his tailored suit, his eyes filled with so much love and admiration that it took my breath away.

When I finally reached him, he took my hands in his and whispered, "You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen."

The ceremony was a blur of emotions, vows exchanged through tears and laughter. Ivan's words were heartfelt and sincere, promising to love and cherish me for all eternity. When it was my turn, I could hardly get through my vows without choking up, overwhelmed by the sheer joy and love I felt.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the officiant announced with a smile.

Ivan lifted my veil and cupped my face in his hands, his lips meeting mine in a kiss that felt like coming home. The crowd erupted in cheers, and as we pulled away, I saw Damien giving Ivan a thumbs-up, a proud grin on his face.

"Take care of my sister or I will kill you!"

Was that supposed to be a threat? Haha

The reception was held under a grand tent, decorated with chandeliers and flowers. There was laughter, dancing, and so much love in the air. Amber and Gwyn had outdone themselves with the planning, making sure everything was perfect.

Later in the evening, Ivan took me by the hand and led me outside. The night sky was clear, the stars twinkling above us. He held me close, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I have one more surprise for you, Sunshine," he said, his voice soft and filled with emotion.

I looked up at him, curiosity piqued. "What is it?"

He pointed to the sky, and my breath caught in my throat. "Do you see that star up there? The brightest one in the constellation?"

I nodded, mesmerized by the way it seemed to shine just a little brighter than the rest.

"I bought it for you. It's officially named after you. I wanted you to have a piece of the universe, something as eternal as my love for you."

Tears filled my eyes as I looked at him, my heart overflowing with love. "Ivan, that's... I don't even have words. It's perfect."

He smiled and kissed me gently. "It's called Apricity, which means the warmth of the sun in winter. Just like you bring warmth and light into my life, even on the coldest days."

I wrapped my arms around him, feeling the weight of the moment. "I love you so much, Ivan."

"I love you too, Sunny. Forever and always."

As we stood there under the stars, wrapped in each other's arms, I knew that no matter what life threw our way, we would always have each other. And that was more than enough.

END

Thank you for being a part of Sunny and Ivan's Story, everyone. I hoped you loved the story and I will be making another one soon with one of sunny's friends.

Thank you!

- MariolineGrace