chapter 1

"LEE DONGHYUCK, I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO CUT YOUR USELESS EARS OFF."

Haechan jolts awake by the faint but sharp words coming from downstairs, slowly making their way up to his bedroom.

Not even a second later after hearing them, his bedroom door slammed open, revealing an elderly lady in her late 60s, not to mention her fuming eyes.

"h..huh? Grandma? what's wrong?" , Haechan said, as he rubs his eyes to get rid of the blurry vision.

"what-? you have the audacity to ask what's wrong!? Didn't I ask you to get the clothes inside before it rains!?" 

Haechan widens his eyes, finally remembering the task his grandmother asked him to do. He remembers laying down on the bed as he watches the clock rhythmically ticks. Keeping the order in mind, mumbling 'take the clothes inside'. Bit by bit, these words started to fumble and blur into nonsense as he drifts into a peaceful sleep. He really didn't mean to fall asleep, he was just too tired and dozed off 'for a while' accidentally, thanks to the damn new neighbors last night.

                                            ✩

Flash back.

"Grandma, what's with the trucks outside?", Haechan asked. He just came out of his nightly shower, so his hair was damped, making him look like a little rain soaked rat.
He winces after seeing himself through the reflection of the front door glass, moving his wet bangs that were in his eyes, spiking him into blindness. At least he looks like a cute rat, he thought to himself. Not long after, his thoughts were cutoff with a firm slap on his back. He winces again.

"Now, what was that for!!?"

"I've been telling you thousand times not to come out of the shower with your wet ass clothes and hairs! YOU'RE MAKING A MESS IN THE LIVING ROOM!"

Haechan's ears ring from the sudden volume increasing besides him. As much as he loves his grandma, he can't always put up with her nagging. Sure it's cute sometimes, but most of the time, it's a bit depressing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I forgot!-"

his sentence was cut off after getting his attention averted from his grandma to a guy in a black hoodie with his hoods down with two more adults walking up to the truck right outside their property.

"Anyways, who are they?", he turned his head to ask her but his gaze was stuck to the outside.

"I heard the business man next door sold his house to a family from Canada, because he got bankrupt. I guess the new neighbors are them."

"oh.."

Haechan hummed and nodded his head, new neighbors then. That's not his business. He shrugged it off and turned to walk into the kitchen when he felt a tug on his now slightly dried shirt.

"what now grandma.."

"aiii kids these days, do you not know basic  morale? You should offer some helps to the new people!", his grandma shakes her head while dragging him back into the place.

"what...they have workers to install those furniture for them! and you don't even know them!"

"aigoo how can you be so heartless, I have met them in the evening already, alright? they are from another country, so they don't have any idea and anyone besides theirselves! Come on, you're already a big boy already, don't be childish. Go help them settle in."

Haechan is stunned by how his grandma out-extroverted him, while slowly being dragged away. It's not like he doesn't want to help, he has to think of the time and the situation too. People moving in nextdoor in the middle of the night, only moving in stuffs theirselves, and they're doing that at 11 pm? In this day and age,
how can he not find it fishy? He respects his grandma's generosity but grandma..you have to tone it down a bit sometimes.

Haechan whined as he sluggishly stomps out of the front door, giving his grandma a one last look back before getting ready to get murdered, incase they turned out to be serial killers. Making sure he sent a very dramatic meaningful sad puppy eyes, to make her remember them and regrets if he somehow dies.

Anyways, he chuckled his dramatic ass out of himself and continue feely making his way to the neighbors house. He shakes his ridiculous thoughts, putting on an awkward smile and makes his way to a woman who looks like a mom. Why does Haechan thinks she looks like a mom? He doesn't know too.

"hello, um.. I'm here to help you move in..!" Haechan noted to never use that high-pitched voice ever again, he thought that would make him appear as friendly but he actually just sounded like a weirdo, especially when you're someone who came up in the middle of the night.

"um..thanks but who are you by the way? we didn't..uh..hire anyone for installation."
The lady was nice enough to give him a forced smile back and asks him nicely. He's grateful for that.

"oh! I'm sorry, I was being vague. Uhh.. I'm actually the grandson of the grandma nextdoor, the one you met in the evening based on what my grandma said? uh..she wanted me to help you guys out..yeahh"

Haechan mentally laughed at himself, shaking his head at himself because he is disappointed in himself. Come on, Haechan. You're not that introverted to be losing all your social skills.

"oh my goodness! I didn't know, my apologies! She didn't tell me she had a grandson, especially such a handsome one!"

"thank you, auntie.",  he replied as he smiled back awkwardly. He definitely needs to fix that stupid smile. Maybe spends his saved up money for some online courses on 'how to fake a smile professionally' that's not pretty bad.

"You don't really have to, though! we are almost done!" Haechan's gaze averted to the truck filled full to the brim with bunch of boxes, yeah sure.. almost done. He smiled back.

"it's okay, auntie. I can help you, I don't have school tomorrow anyway!"

"That's very sweet of you. Of course, it would be great help, if you do."

Haechan just nods and begins to ask for the location they want their boxes to be put in. Right after he got the information, he started to get the work going.

____________________

hope you enjoyed the first chapter!