1• Don't be scared

1• Don't be scared

(Music) The neighborhood
-The beach

"Run, Run!...Run Esther!!" He laughs "or if I catch I take you to hell with me!" I shift uncomfortably on my bed.

"Esther!...wake up my love!!" I feel my body shake, I know it's my mom. But I can't move. It's as if I'm paralyzed. "please stop this...God help me!!". I say in my head.

With a loud gasp I wake up to see my mom at my bedside with her hands clasp together and her eyes shut. She was praying she always do, it's as if it's all she knows what to do. "Momma!...it-" I cut myself off as tears roll down my face.

"It's okay baby, Everything will be okay." My mother whisper as she cradles me against her body and rub my back as I cry.

For five years, ever since my best friend zoey died i had been having these nightmares.

And I'm tired of them.

****

𝔼𝕤𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣✿

"Good morning sister Amari!" I greet the nun at the door of the church door. "Oh, good morning my beautiful Esther!" She smiles her voice warm and comforting like the early morning sun.

I walk through the door and down to the alter, "Good morning Father, I brought the roses you ask for!" I say a huge smile on my face as i hand the roses to him, "why, thank you dear. But these roses aren't as nearly as beautiful as you." He say a smile gracing his lips.

My brows furrow at him "don't say that Mr. Richwell, I worked really hard to grow those roses." I say as i squint my eyes at him. He place his hand on my head and shakes it side to side. "The roses are lovely my dear, but there are some preparations i need your help with." I stand and listen intently. As soon as he gives me my task, i begin move this wedding needed to be perfect or else i will feel like a failure.

I run around the hallways dusting and cleaning like my life depended on it.

𝑰𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒅.

I walk out to the back of the church where i had planted some tulips, because they were ms. Amari's favorite flower. "Alright twelve pink tulips and fifteen white tulips." I whisper to myself, I roll my long sundress up unit it's barely above my knee, i stoop down and look fo the brightest and most coloured ones.

I place my hand on the stem of the flower, only to stop when i hear a flicking sound, i jump to my feet and spin around.

"You startled me-" i cut myself off mid sentence, i gasp and before i knew it my feet move on there own "you can't smoke here, you'll get im trouble!" I scoled the strange man and he looks up at me.
"Who the fuck are you to tell me what to do?, what are you some kind of saint?" The strange man speak in a deep tone that sends shivers racing down my spine.

I look at him in shock at his choice of wording.

"Im no saint but you sure aren't either with your foul mouth!" I look at him curiously, his Piercing dark eyes staring at my brown ones.

He stands to his full height, looking down on me. "Your no one to talk. You were going to ruin that perfect bed of flowers with you scheming little hands." He comments.

"I was not going-" I try to explain but he cuts me off, "Yes, you were" he accuse i look up at him and frown "And my hands are not scheming-" i try to explain once again but he cuts me off once more "But they are" his voice deep and dominant.

I scorn at his comment, "look you aren't supposed the be he so just leave." I announced my voice growing soft, "what are you do you doing here anyway?"

I ask my voice barely above a whisper but hes so close i know he heard me.