⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 𝙵𝙸𝙻𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙾

CONTENT WARNING

CONTENT WARNING.
death, homocide, torture, war,
topics regarding one's mental health,
famine, imprisonment, ca, & more.
read at your own discretion.

"JAXON?"      the voice would be soothing,   seeing as it was his mother's own,   if she hadn't died long ago

"JAXON?"      the voice would be soothing,   seeing as it was his mother's own,   if she hadn't died long ago.     what was once comfort and empty promises of   "WE'LL BE OKAY,"  turned into bitter murmurs and a sense of loathing jax had already begun to be familiar with.    the constant staying up at night due to hunger wasn't healthy for the body of a 13 year old.    he lacked nourishment     —     as did many in the heart of congo    —    stealing what he could to those just SLIGHTLY    more fortunate than him to get by.   maybe that's what made him sign up to serve for his godforsaken country.    

"DEAZA."      his last name was not one that he got from his father like every other boy his age he knew,    so when it's spit out by the man supposedly claiming to be his father,   it feels nothing more than an insult.     "clean this up."    the   "THIS"    in question was nothing but crushed up beer cans,    shattered glasses broken over's jax's head in fits of rage,    &   the blood that followed.      his head was dizzy from it all;   yet he did as asked of him to avoid anything else.    it was a cycle that also wouldn't be broken until he left.

"JAX?"     though not far off,   he had abandoned the name given to him by his mother in hopes that—    one day    —she'd stop calling him before he slept.    now he stands in front of the lead director of the armed forces of the democratic republic of congo   (BETTER KNOWN AS THE FARDC)     at the prime age of 18.   he lacks any real muscle due to the malnourishment he faced  (a product of the country's own famine,)   never could one imagine someone like   HIM    being in the armed forces.   he couldn't even fathom it.   he couldn't even BELIEVE it to be possible but   ..   it was his last chance of something better.   (IT WAS DEATH VS DEATH    ..   THERE WAS NOTHING BETTER.)     yet a hand is extended;    then..     "welcome,  son.    good on you for making this choice."

THE CAPTAIN SHOULD'VE SAID "WELCOME TO HELL," WHEN WELCOMING JAX AS A NEW RECRUIT     —     but it's not like he would've taken it seriously anyway.   THIS wasn't hell;    it wasn't the constant screaming & crying,   the only sound at night coming from people asking for food or your own stomach rumbling,  or not knowing where your home was.    this was way better.     it took him TWO years to build up his muscle;   to reach his potential.    then another two for him to be deployed.  

PROJECT 888 CONSISTED OF THE FARDC'S TASK FORCE 474    —      comprised of  PFC.  JAX DEAZA,     SGM.   FÉLIX KABILA,   PVT.   SERGE MBUYI,  & SPC.  CEDRIC NGOY — their focus was to track down intel on a supposed "HOSTAGE SITUATION" down in DUSHANBE, REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN. the hostage in question was MATVEI ROSTAVA; the FARDC'S lead informant on the inside. upon landing in russian territory, what was meant to be a supposed "INTEL MISSION ONLY" with strict missions to not engage unless needed turned into a bloodbath. an ambush was carried out leading to the slaughter of KABILA, MBUYI, & NGOY — along with the capture and imprisonment of JAX DEAZA.

FOR 9 YEARS FOLLOWING HIS CAPTURE BY ULTRANATIONALISTS, JAX WAS TORTURED & SHAPED INTO THE PERFECT WEAPON — years of torture stripped jax of his humanity, morals, & integrity; leaving him a shell of the man he used to be. all that's left is a simple string of commands: FOLLOW ALL ORDERS, BLEND IN, & KILL WITHOUT MERCY.

"WRAITH.." the title is whispered out shakily; it's hard to say much else when every wound in his body is just enough to hurt — but not enough to kill. it's a calling card of sorts, a common theme of JAX DEAZA. the title was the only thing he was called by those who tortured him; a cruel mockery of the fact that he was nothing more than that: A WRAITH; a ghost. JAXON DEAZA DIED ALONG WITH HIS TEAM BACK IN DUSHANBE. there was no changing that.

NOW A NEW MISSION IS ASSIGNED: infiltrate task force 141, gather intel, and bring them into an ambush. (IT ALL SEEMS EARILY FAMILIAR NOW, DOESN'T IT?)

     (IT ALL SEEMS EARILY FAMILIAR NOW,   DOESN'T IT?)