[♟] Chapter 2

With a sudden force, my arm is forcefully pulled, causing my entire body to lurch forward.

With a sudden, fluid motion, my arm is vigorously pinned behind my back, leaving me breathless as my body crashes onto the cushioned mat below.

"Fuck," I groan.

I find myself in a vulnerable position, with my hands restrained and a palpable force exerted on my body from above.

His laughter fills the air, mingling with the tension as his fingers dig into my skin.

His words, laced with a hint of disappointment, cut through the silence. "If only you had been faster," he murmurs, his grip tightening.

After a brief pause, he gently lets go of my hands.

With my palms firmly planted on the black and red mats, I exert force to lift my body off the ground. "You failed to give me a heads up that we were commencing," I remark, pivoting on my heel to face the male.

With a gentle sweep of his hand, he brushes away the glistening droplets of perspiration from his forehead.

Kelvin extends his powerful arms, his voice filled with a chilling intensity as he questions, "Do you truly believe, Milena, that I would offer any warning if I were plotting your death?"

Curiously, he angles his head in response to the question.

Kelvin, with his few extra years of life experience, carries himself with a certain maturity that belies his age.

The faint hint of a beard on his chin adds a touch of wisdom to his appearance, making him seem older than he truly is.

A piercing gaze meets mine, his eyes a rich shade of chocolate brown.

Kelvin towers over me, standing at an impressive height of nearly six foot seven. His presence exudes an undeniable air of intimidation.

His body is adorned with a mesmerising collection of dark tattoos, creating a striking contrast against his beautifully rich melanin skin.

His hair is consistently done with intricate braids, showcasing his knack for versatility. At present, his head has a meticulously crafted set of cornrows that are flawlessly aligned and are complemented by a recent trim.

With a deliberate stride, he moves nearer, his voice laced with anticipation as he asks, "Well?"

The resonant timbre of his voice reverberates through the room, filling every corner with its rich, sonorous tones.

"No," I whisper, my gaze tracing the contours of his face, lingering on every intricate detail. "But, I will hear their approach."

"Will you now?" With a quizzical expression and a barely contained chuckle, he asks, his eyebrows arching in astonishment.

I move closer to him, my voice filled with unwavering assurance as I respond, "Certainly."

Once again, his laughter is directed towards me.

His laughter reverberates through the air, resonating with a deep, rich sound.

"You can't hear something that's unpredic-"

In a matter of moments, the force of my punch collides with his jaw, abruptly silencing his words.

The impact is so powerful that the reverberation of my knuckles connecting with his jaw resonates throughout the entire room.

With a powerful force, his body is sent stumbling backwards, leaving him off balance and struggling to regain his footing.

With a swift and fluid motion, I draw my right knee towards my chest, only to unleash a powerful kick towards his chest.