𝟎𝟓𝟐. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭

A LITTLE BLUE VEST
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-two,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-two, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

October 22nd, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

I REMEMBER THE FIRST TOWN MEETING A WENT TO LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY when in actuality, it was nearly ten years ago. I was eight-years-old on a cherry lollipop sugar rush. After my crazed sugar frenzy, I was banned from eating those cherry lollipops that tasted a little too good. I remember squealing and fidgeting in my seat the entire meeting which was apparently mandatory for all citizens of Stars Hollow── even the children.

   So here I was, eight-years-old, fighting with Dad to sit in my chair, and high on cherry lollipops. The meeting wasnt about anything important── just Taylor complaining for thirty minutes about kids using the town gazebo as a slip and slide which wasn't the safest thing.

   Despite that meeting being completely useless, I've always loved this crazy, little town meetings our wonderful town holds. Sure, Taylor is insane, and he talks about stupid, stupid things, but they're highly entertaining. I try to go to every meeting, and I try my damn hardest to get my dad to join me even though he hates these things.

   But I convinced him today, and now we're sitting in the wooden chairs and listening to Taylor talk about birds. That's right── birds. Apparently, there are too many birds landing on top of the street lights and relieving themselves on helpless passersby. Taylor believes some birds are doing the action on purpose which is insane, but who can argue with him?

   Anyway, he proposes that we put sharp metal spikes on top of the fixtures to hurt them, but I find that to be the cruelest thing Taylor has ever suggested.

"He's insane," I hear Dad mutter, and I nod in full agreement.

As Lorelai and Rory bicker with one another, the sliding door opens and a man walks in wearing a suit and holding a bouquet of roses. Taylor looks downright offended that somebody would walk in mid-meeting. "May I help you, sir?"

"Yes, I was looking for..." He looks out to the crowd. "Ah, there she is... uh, Patrica." He looks to Patty, and everyone in the meeting hollers because our darling Miss. Patty── married four times── has a date. "Are you ready?" the man asks.

"I'm right in the middle of something, Jesus, but I'll be right out," she chuckles, and I grin widely.

Her date, Jesus walks out, and Taylor thinks he can continue, but he's very, very mistaken. "Who's the fox, Patty?" Babette calls out.