Chapter 19 - Naomi

Naomi felt like she was going crazy. 

Hope had disappeared after lunch, or so she thought. 

It started at lunch, where Karive, Mavvy, Hope, and the new (strange) kid, Martyn, were talking. 

Then suddenly, Naomi's heart lurched. Her food went up in her throat. She felt everything stop, even her. Then, when she calmed down, Hope was gone. 

"Where did Hope go?" Naomi asked.

Karive tilted her head. "Who's Hope?" 

"Stop playing with me, Karive. She was right here. Where did she go?" Naomi demanded. 

Mavvy, Karive, and Martyn stared at her blankly. 

"My sister? Your best friend?" Naomi felt panic build up in her throat. She knew that Karive did pranks often, but Mavvy didn't do them.

Naomi stared at Martyn. She had a bad feeling about him since the beginning, did he do something to Hope? 

"Naomi, do you need to go to the infirmary? You don't have a twin sister, just an older brother. Are you okay?" Mavvy asked, concerned. 

Naomi stood up. "I'm heading home. I have a headache." 

She stormed out of the cafeteria before her friends could question her. 

When Naomi arrived, her dad was very confused. 

"What are you doing at home? You're supposed to be at school!" Keefe questioned, rushing over to her. She examined Naomi as if she might be hurt. 

"My friends are saying that Hope doesn't exist. You remember her, right?" Naomi hoped that it was just a huge prank, that she could go back to school, and that Hope would be there. 

But her dad scrunched his eyebrows. "Hope? Who's that?" 

"MY SISTER!" Naomi yelled. 

"You don't have one, Naomi. Did you get enough sleep last night?" Keefe inquired.

"Yes, I did, Dad. Did you?" Naomi felt angry at her dad. How could he not remember her?

"Yes, I did." Keefe grabbed her hand and sent blue breezes in her mind. It was stronger when Sophie was around, but he learned how to do small ones without her. 

"Where's Mom?" Naomi asked.

"She's on a quest for the council. I think you should go back to school, so you can see Elwin." Keefe suggested.

"Alright." Naomi let go of her dad's hand and went back to Foxfire. 

As the glittery campus came into view, everyone was in their classes. Naomi stormed over to Elwin's health center, where the man who had saved Hope was standing there. He was talking to his pet, Bullhorn. When the door opened, he turned around and spotted her.

"Hello! What's your name?" He asked. 

Naomi looked at him. "You already know me, I'm Naomi, Sophie Foster's daughter. I was here while you were taking care of Hope."

"Oh! Sophie mentioned you. Who's Hope?" Elwin said. 

Naomi clutched her head. "I'm going mad. HOPE IS MY TWIN SISTER!" 

Elwin frowned. "You don't have one." 

Naomi laughed hysterically. "Is this one huge prank? Because it's not funny!" 

Elwin snapped his hands and light showed around her head. He continuously did it, and the light changed colors.

"Are you having a headache?" Elwin put the light away. 

"I'm not!" Naomi yelled. 

Elwin grabbed her shoulders. "Calm down." 

"NO! MY SISTER DISAPPEARED!" Naomi cried. 

Naomi sat in a cot, and tears flowed from her eyes. Why was this happening? 

Sorry It was a short chapter. 

I went on vacation, so I wasn't able to post a chapter. Thank you for being patient. See you next chapter!