090 - MANUSCRIPTS AND RARE BOOKS

Friday, September 25th, 2090.

Things are just getting worse each day.

I haven't had the opportunity to write in the last days, but it's just that the world has turned crazy and we suffered some problems here at Harvard.

The Japanese got mad after some students from the university tried to hack their systems. There was a rumor of them making alliances with North Korea to bring down China.

After the 3rd world war, they have been the most powerful nation in the world. And, apparently, the students tried to keep the U.S. in good terms with China to protect our country from the upcoming international conflict.

Though they are not as powerful as China, Japan is a country to be afraid of. And as it is angry for its plan being discovered, it found a way of getting into the notepad's systems.

Most students are dangerously harmed. They all use their notepads for every single thing. During the last years, the usage of these devices has meaningfully increased.

As the pad's system is connected to the user's brain, lots of students suffered epileptic attacks.

The government has declared the university is growing rebel ideas in our minds, and they've decided to close it. All students are being sent back to their homes.

-

Saturday, September 26th, 2090.

I went to visit some friends at the hospital. Some of them can't even remember a thing.

I also found Mr. Kaiser there. He was one of the worse victims. He had been correcting a research made by an older student, which was about to be published, when the Japanese got into the systems.

He cannot talk or move, and he can barely blink. I know he is going to die. And I think he knows to, if he can still be conscious.

I think it is better for him to die, than to live the rest of his life in that state. But still, there were things he needed to finish before he could leave this world.

-

Sunday, September 27th, 2090.

I couldn't take Mr. Kaiser out from my mind, so I decided to go to the library and see how was his experiment doing. But once there, I found some soldiers outside the entrance. They were locking the door, putting an especial enciphered device over it.

This device was a kind of metal rectangle, a bar, the soldiers placed over the handle of the door. It was a screen with some numbers in it. Whoever had the password, could easily introduce the digits and open the library.

As far as I know, those things only work if you know the correct password. But of course, I would never found out what it was. And if I pressed the wrong combination, I would get electrocuted by the safer.

The government was here to make sure there were no students left in the school. The structure had to be empty for Monday.

But of course, the cops didn't know about the secret door at the back of the library. It had been placed there as a faster entrance to the new section of the library, but if no one really used the front door, less people used the back door.

I ran back to the school and took some warning signals from a door I found in a corridor. The signal advertised about High voltage.

I went back to the library and, before anybody could notice the extra door, I placed the signals over it.

If they though there was high voltage in the other side, they certainly wouldn't open it.

I got into the library and found my way through the first corridor. Then I got to the centre of the new section, the History and Geography reading hall. That was the fastest way of getting to the lab.

I took the specific corridor that sent me directly to the lab's door, and then got in. No one really uses the library these days, so the sanitizer system was starting to fail.

I looked at the star Mr. Kaiser was growing. The special chamber made its particles move faster, so we wouldn't need to wait 10 million years for it to die. Indeed, I don't think I'll have to wait much more time before it dies.

Once dead the star, I'll leave the lab and go back home. I just want to see Mr. Kaiser's project completed.

-

2090.

I don't know the date. I can't know if it is day or night. Inside the lab, time never passes.

There are no windows in the new section of the library, because they can filter water when it rains, or alter somehow the temperature and light needed for the lab. After all, it was constructed many years ago.

I've spent night without sleep, regulating the temperature and density needed for the star to keep on growing.

In some hours, it will die after all, and I've decided to take the rests of it outside, and go show them to Mr. Kaiser at the hospital.

-

And that was all. There the journals ended. Not one more page written down.