Chapter 2 | Thief

Luckily, I somehow manage to put my right leg down to withstand just in time, only letting the purse and phone slip out of my hands as my eyes catch a glimpse of a guy darting past me.

Some bastard just snatched my lovely purse and phone out of my hands!

I take off chasing his ass down. I can't believe someone decided to rob me while I was distracted. That's crazy!

"Hey, wait! Don't chase him, it's too dangerous!" She calls out, her voice sounding small and distant.

"Wait!" She lets out one last shout before I find myself turning right to another street section.

We are running down the wayside at night, I take a glance at both sides, nobody is around so I can't call for help.

But then something happens, suddenly, bright headlights pop up out of nowhere, the light getting brighter as a car seems to be speeding towards us. I do nothing but freeze and my mind is working its best to understand what's going on.

I hear a loud thud and look over to see the thief flying down onto the floor before rolling a few times

I hear a loud thud and look over to see the thief flying down onto the floor before rolling a few times. Gosh! He is hit by that car!

The thief stands up with fear plastered all over his face, so am I. We follow this unexpected stranger every move.

The car stops, turning off its engine. Without its headlights, I can make out that this car is a freaking supercar! I'm not certainly sure but I know it is not an ordinary car.

The driver is completely obscured by the dark windshield, showing nothing but a dark figure, along with limited streetlights scattered unevenly across the roadside, I can't quite make out any detail

The car door opens with a soft thud. A man gently settles his left foot down and it makes a crunch when his boot collides with the asphalt. He stands up, appearing tall and intimidating. He takes his time giving his zipped black bomber jacket a slight tug then carefully adjusts his sleeves.

"Give me whatever you just took from the girl and get the fuck out of here!" He exclaims in a deep husky voice with his arms crossed firmly after he has finished taking care of his looks and is now facing us.