Heyaa pandas 🐼
Here's the 2nd part of love's unexpected contract
Don't forget to vote and comment
.............

Diya's home

The next morning, the phone rang in Diya's house. Gitanjali answered, her face lighting up as she spoke.

"Hello, Yogita! How are you?" Gitanjali greeted warmly.

"Gitanjali, I'm good. Listen, we've finalized the engagement date," Yogita said, her voice filled with excitement. "It's tomorrow evening, and the wedding will be two days after that."

Gitanjali's eyes widened. "Tomorrow? That's so soon! But it's wonderful news."

"Yes, we wanted to get everything settled quickly," Yogita replied. "I'll send over all the details. See you tomorrow."

After the call ended, Gitanjali turned to find Diya getting ready for the office. "Diya, wait a moment. I have some news for you."

Diya paused, looking at her mother. "What is it, Mom?"

"The engagement is tomorrow evening, and the wedding will be two days after that," Gitanjali announced with a smile.

Diya's heart skipped a beat. She nodded, trying to keep her composure. "Okay, Mom."

As Diya turned to leave for the office, Gitanjali called out, "Beta, eat your breakfast first."

"Mom, I'm not hungry," Diya protested, heading towards the door.

"Diya, breakfast is important. Sit down and eat something," Gitanjali insisted, her voice firm.

Diya sighed but knew better than to argue with her mother. She sat down at the dining table and picked at her food. "Mom, I'm really not in the mood."

Gitanjali placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "I know this is overwhelming, but you need to take care of yourself. Everything will be fine."

Reluctantly, Diya took a few bites, her mind elsewhere. After finishing, she quickly grabbed her bag and headed out the door. "I'll see you later, Mom."

"Have a good day, beta. And don't worry, we'll handle everything," Gitanjali called after her.

As Diya walked to the office, her thoughts were a jumble of emotions. The engagement being so soon left her feeling anxious and uncertain. She wondered how Reyansh felt about all this, knowing how much he hated the idea.

...............

At Oberoi Enterprises, Reyansh was fuming as he slammed his office door shut. He paced back and forth, trying to calm himself. "Tomorrow evening? They really don't give a damn about my opinion," he muttered.

Taking a deep breath, he reminded himself, "This is just a contract. One year, and I'm out."

His phone buzzed again. It was his mother calling. He sighed and answered, "Yes, Mom?"

"Reyansh, beta, I need you to come home. It's important," Yogita said, her voice gentle yet firm.

"Alright, I'll be there soon," Reyansh replied, ending the call. He grabbed his jacket and left the office, his frustration simmering just below the surface.

When he arrived home, Yogita greeted him with a warm smile. "Reyansh, come in. We need to finalize your sherwani for the engagement."

Reyansh followed her into the living room, where a renowned fashion designer had laid out several exquisite sherwanis. The vibrant colors and intricate designs meant nothing to him.

"Which one do you like, beta?" Yogita asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Reyansh barely glanced at the outfits. "Mom, choose whichever you like. I'm not interested."