Parashurama's Sucessor

Chapter 10: Parashurama's Successor

The next morning, the peaceful serenity of Mahendragiri was filled with the warm light of dawn. Mata Dharani approached Rudra, who was meditating by the river.

Mata Dharani: "Putra, I have taught you medicine, you know various herbs, and you also know how to cure some injuries. Now, I am going to teach you an important mantra. I have received permission from your Gurudev to teach you this."

Rudra opened his eyes and looked up at his mother with reverence.

Rudra: "Sure, Mata. I am ready to learn."

Mata Dharani: "Putra, this is the mantra of Ashwin Kumar's healing chant. The Ashwin Kumars are divine physicians capable of healing any external or internal wound. This mantra is known as the Aswini Brothers mantra. You must have sandalwood powder and mix it with water. Then, apply it to the wound while chanting the mantra, and it will heal instantaneously."

Rudra listened intently, his focus unwavering.

Mata Dharani, noticing his dedication, chuckled softly: "Rudra, why so serious?"

Rudra smiled faintly: "Nothing, Mata. If there is anything to learn, I must learn it carefully."

Mata Dharani smiled and taught him the mantra. Later, they went into the forest to find an injured animal for practice. They came across a deer with a deep gash on its leg. Rudra prepared the sandalwood paste while Mata Dharani watched over him.

Mata Dharani: "Now, Putra, apply the paste gently on the wound and then chant the mantra."

Rudra followed her instructions precisely, applying the sandalwood mixture to the deer's wound. He then closed his eyes and began to chant the mantra. His voice was steady and calm, resonating with a deep spiritual power.

As the mantra filled the air, a warm glow surrounded the injured area. To Rudra's amazement, the wound began to close rapidly, the flesh knitting together seamlessly. Within moments, the deer's leg was completely healed, as if there had never been an injury.

Rudra: "Mata, it worked! The wound is gone!"

Mata Dharani smiled with pride: "Yes, Putra. The power of the mantra, combined with your devotion and concentration, has brought about this healing. Remember, this knowledge is not just for you but for those in need."

Rudra bowed deeply to his mother: "Thank you, Mata. I will use this gift wisely and honorably."

Mata Dharani: "I know you will, my son. You have the heart of a healer and the spirit of a warrior. You are truly destined for greatness."

As they walked back to the ashram, Rudra felt a deep sense of gratitude and purpose. Upon their return, Rudra saw his Gurudev sharpening his axe.

 Upon their return, Rudra saw his Gurudev sharpening his axe