Soon. (Teaser)

Fukase was on his bed, petting Daisy. Bella was asleep in the cage. He layed down and held the cottontail close to him, nuzzling into her soft fur. He looked out the window and saw the sun beaming into his room.

He let go of Daisy and got up. He pulled his blinds up so they weren't in the way, letting all the morning sunlight cast inside the room. He checked his alarm clock after putting Daisy up. It was eight forty-seven in the morning. He slid his shoes on, grabbed his bag, and left the room. Henry rarely woke him up anymore, he just slept in. Fukase walked out the front door, now only walking himself to school.

He was only nine, yes, but he knew the way safely by walk because of a certain woman. Fortunately, the walk only took about five minutes. After that time period, Fukase found himself at the front gates. He was stopped by that obnoxious kid. "Fukase!" he called, "How are ya'?" Fukase looked at Manny with a soulless expression. "I'm alright." he muttered. Manny crossed his arms. "I apologize about last week with the principal..." he mumbled. Fukase shrugged. "It's alright, I guess."

He walked away from Manny and sat himself on his usual spot under the tree. He didn't do anything. He just sat his bag aside him and watched the other kids play. It was rather boring, but he had nothing better to do. Katie was hogging Manny, Kate was hanging out with Manny's sister, Delaney. As the bell rang, kids started running inside the building for class. Fukase got up slowly, grabbed his bag, and walked to class too.

-

‘When will something interesting happen for once?’ he thought. His tenth birthday was coming up in over a month, and he wasn't as excited as he felt like he should be. He then remembered Manny saying something about a new kid coming in. He waved over to him. "Hey, didn't you say there was gonna be a new kid?" he asked. Manny leaned over his table to hear what he said. “Yeah, why?" he replied. "When are they coming?" "Actually, I'm not fully sure. Sometime next month, I think." he said. Fukase nodded and turned back around in his seat.

He tapped Sadie. "You know anything about the new kid?" he asked. She nodded. "Not much, but apparently they have all of their info here and they'll be starting next year." she smiled. "Next year!? This year is only four months in!" he complained. "Not the school year! Just the year in general." she corrected. Fukase raised his brow. "That's barely more than a month away." he said under his breath.

Sadie nodded. Fukase tapped his nail on the table. "You know what time they're coming next year?" he asked. Sadie shrugged. "Dunno." she said. Fukase scoffed. "I guess we'll just have to wait then." "Yeah, I guess so." Fukase looked around and saw Katie. She looked rather stressed. Kate and Manny were staring at her from her table with a concerned expression. ‘What's up with her?’ he thought.

The bell rang, and class was now to start. How exciting.

-
Katie was in her seat, squirming around. Her partner, a sweet girl named Sunshine, pat her back. "What's wrong, Katie? You look stressed out." she whispered. "I am stressed out!" she snapped, "My mum told me about the bloody dumb new kid." Sunshine's eyes lit up. "Really? Tell me about her!" she said. Katie slapped her hand off her back "I'm not telling you anything."

Katie kicked her partner's leg. "Stay out of my business." she groaned. Sunshine whinced and rubbed her leg. Katie never liked her, since she was jealous of her. Kate and Katie were the prettiest set of twins in the school, but Sunshine's beauty rivaled hers. Katie rolled her eyes. "Stupid, stupid, stupid." she muttered to herself.

-
She stared at the her uniform. It was ruby red coded, just like everyone else's.

‘I don't wanna go...’ she thought to herself. She looked over the uniform. The white collar shirt, the red ribbon, the red skirt, and the default red knee-high socks. There was also shiny brown Penny Loafers. She looked at all the remaining boxes in her room that were still in need to be unpacked, since she just moved around a month ago. She looked out of her window and saw a white house across from hers.

She missed her old home. She hated moving with a passion, she hated meeting people. She hated people.