Beauty is pain

Beauty is pain
deed by: SoulLessEnchantress

§~§~§

"Beauty is what matters to a society that feels like they are all perfect."

When I was a little kid, I never thought of being ugly or disgusting around people. I'm just a little girl who wants to have fun and play with other kids till I get scolded by my mother for looking dirty.

But time flies so fast, it feels like yesterday I'm still in grade school and today I'm already in high school. While other kids nowadays already have insecurities, know what it feels like to be ugly, and learn how to look pretty, Reality must hurt everyone, especially when social media comes into our lives. There are a lot of pretty girls showing their bodies, you can almost see their skin and bones.

They taught us how to look pretty outside but never taught us how to be content with what we already had. Beauty standards that not everyone can afford. 

If you're broke, then you remain ordinary, while if you're rich, you can be almost perfect for everybody.

Beauty is pain for those people who can't fit the standard of society because, in this generation, natural beauty doesn't exist anymore, and being called "pretty" will just be heard if you let them know that you're insecure.

How sad what our present turned into. Pretty girls received compliments, and ordinary ones received hateful comments and sometimes even threats. Beauty is really such a pain in the ass, they will just comfort you with compliments because they pity you, not because you are really pretty too, they will just consider it a white lie.

They seek perfection in every way, physical traits are what they prioritize, not thinking of what's inside. 

'Boys only like girls when it's pretty',
Infatuation they feel, but who cares? It's only temporary.

If there is one thing that makes me realize about beauty, it is that people change their looks to fit the mold but lose themselves and forget what's within.

(06-15-24)

L/N: You can read this on Medium app just search "SoulLessEnchantress", I also post other works like this on that app.

Link:
https://medium.com/@SoulLessEnchantress/beauty-is-pain-1ceaf1d3d47c

com/@SoulLessEnchantress/beauty-is-pain-1ceaf1d3d47c