Holding on but you let me go

deed by: SoulLessEnchantress

§~§~§

"There's plenty of lessons I can learn, why does it have to be you?"

I met this guy. He made my heart beat so fast. With him, I find peace, a love story that I couldn't erase from my mind, especially in my heart. We shared memories and promises that became just a part of our past. I always replay our moments together, every touch and every kiss. 

You corrected me when I was wrong and showed me how to grow. But sometimes I'd get lost in thoughts, wondering where I could go wrong. All I did was love you all along. 

Day and night, I'm thinking about you. I miss your gentle presence now. And I wish that you were here. But then I realized that you and I broke up a few months ago. It's funny how you still hunt me in my dreams and suddenly wake up in tears.

I remember holding on so that I could fix us, but soon it turns out that you already let me go, and I'm just the only one who left fighting. My heart shattered, my mind got lost, I didn't know where to go, and I had no one else to rely on.

At first, I didn't believe that people could just be a life lesson because I didn't want to lose him, but now that our hearts no longer beat as one, we are now fated to be undone. We were once so close now so far, but you'll always have a place in my heart. It's just that the distance between us is now like a scar.

No more phone calls, no more sharing secrets, and no more arguments. You showed me how to make things right and wipe away my tears, but now I'm walking away, leaving memories of yesterday.

(06-21-24)

Link:
https://medium.com/@SoulLessEnchantress/holding-on-but-you-let-me-go-29cc507bf6f6

com/@SoulLessEnchantress/holding-on-but-you-let-me-go-29cc507bf6f6