Chapter 3: The mall

~at the mall~

"Here we are, young master," Damien announced as he opened the car door, his tone reverberating with respect and duty. Stepping onto the pavement, he turned to face Izuku, whose eyes widened in awe and wonder. "Wahh," Izuku exclaimed softly, his face lighting up with amazement as he took in the sight before him.

"Shall we proceed inside, young master?" Damien inquired respectfully, his voice tinged with a sense of readiness and deference. Izuku nodded eagerly, his amazement at the grandeur of the mall still evident on his face, his eyes darting around as if trying to absorb every detail

"Young master we must first buy you a new wardrobe" Damien says while looking at izukus beat down clothing.

"Okay, um, Damien," Izuku began tentatively, a touch of nervousness coloring his voice as he shifted on his feet. "Yes, young master?" Damien responded promptly, his expression attentive and respectful. "Um, can you please not call me young master," Izuku continued, his words coming out in a shy whisper, "c-can you please call me Izu instead?" His cheeks flushed slightly with embarrassment as he awaited Damien's respons

"Of course, young master," Damien exclaimed warmly, a hint of happiness evident in his voice at Izuku's request. He nodded reassuringly, acknowledging the change with a supportive smile, his demeanor adjusting smoothly to accommodate Izuku's preference.

"You-I mean, Izu, what do you think about this?" Damien's voice was gentle as he held up a beige-colored sweater, his eyes hopeful for approval. Izuku's face lit up with excitement as he examined the sweater, nodding eagerly in agreement. "Okay!" he exclaimed enthusiastically, his gaze lingering on the soft fabric and imagining how it would look on him.

Lost in his admiration for the clothes on display, Izuku hadn't noticed Damien's efficient shopping spree until he turned to find Damien already at the counter, a mountainous pile of garments accumulating before him. His eyes widened in disbelief, stuttering out in a mix of surprise and concern, "D-D-Damien, isn't that too much?" His voice cracked slightly, overwhelmed by the sheer volume of clothes being rung up at the counter.

Damien turned to Izuku with a sheepish grin, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Just making sure you have plenty of options, young master," he replied cheerfully, though his tone was lighthearted and reassuring, he couldn't suppress a chuckle at Izuku's reaction. Adjusting his glasses with a gentle touch, he continued to oversee the transaction with practiced ease, clearly enjoying the shopping experience as much as Izuku was.

Just as they were about to pick up the shopping bags, they heard a girl's voice say, "Oh, look Dad, the useless kid is here." Izumi sneered, "Can you even afford a single piece of clothing here?" Her words were followed by a harsh laugh from her father, Toshinori. "You think you belong here?" he said with ridicule.

Seeing his former family, Izuku trembled and hid behind Damien. "How dare you speak to Izuku like that!" Damien retorted, his voice laced with anger. An intimidating aura radiated from him, causing Izumi to burst into tears.

"I don't think you know who you're talking to," Toshinori shot back, "I am the number one hero!"

"And you think that gives you the right to treat Izuku this way?" Damien replied, his voice icy. "Listen to me carefully. If I ever see you again, you should start saying your goodbyes." His tone was deadly serious.

As Damien was about to continue, he felt a gentle tug on the hem of his blazer. "Can we go now? I'm scared," whispered Izuku.

"Of course," Damien said softly, lifting Izuku into his arms. "Let's get out of here."

After Izuku calmed down, they made their way to a luxurious five-star hotel, hoping to find some place to relax from the day's events. The grand lobby welcomed them with its elegant chandeliers and plush furnishings, offering a stark contrast to the turmoil they had just experienced. Damien handled the check-in process with ease, securing a suite that promised comfort and privacy.

As they entered their room, Damien began unpacking the numerous shopping bags filled with clothes he had bought for Izuku. To his surprise, the space quickly became cluttered. There were just too many items to fit comfortably in the room. Undeterred, Damien returned to the front desk and, after a brief conversation with the concierge, booked an additional suite to accommodate all their purchases.

With the extra space secured, Damien and Izuku made their way to the new room. Izuku looked around in awe at the opulence surrounding him—the high ceilings, the rich drapes, and the view of the city skyline from their windows. The new suite provided ample room for the clothes, and they carefully organized everything in the spacious closets and drawers.

Once everything was settled, Damien turned to Izuku and asked softly, "Izu?"

"Yes?" Izuku responded, his voice still a bit shaky but calmer.

"What would you like for dinner?" Damien inquired, hoping a good meal would further ease Izuku's nerves.

Izuku took a moment to think, his thoughts shifting from the day's stresses to the comforting idea of food. After a little while, his eyes lit up. "Tonkatsu," he said, his mouth watering at the thought of the crispy, savory dish.

"Okay," Damien replied with a warm smile. He picked up the phone and placed the order with room service, requesting their finest tonkatsu. True to the hotel's reputation, the food arrived swiftly, just ten minutes later, impeccably presented on a silver tray.

They sat down at the elegant dining table in their suite, enjoying the meal in a serene and peaceful atmosphere. The tonkatsu was delicious, each bite bringing a sense of normalcy and comfort to Izuku. Damien watched with satisfaction as Izuku's tension visibly melted away, replaced by contentment.

After they finished eating, they cleaned up and prepared for bed. The events of the day had been exhausting, and the plush beds looked incredibly inviting. As they settled in under the soft, luxurious bedding, Damien turned off the lights, leaving only a soft glow from the city outside.

"Goodnight, Izu," Damien whispered.

"Goodnight, Damien," Izuku replied, feeling safe and cared for.

Within minutes, they both drifted off to sleep, the stress of the day fading away, replaced by the warmth of their companionship and the comfort of their surroundings.