chapter 3 worst to best 2

The instructors stand in front of the entrance in a line all the way to the stage. The headmaster enters the room his presence is threatening even though no one can see him behind the instructors. H climbs up the stage and he has a bollfango on his head. The students are quiet and confused. “Tough crowd huh, I was expecting a charged reaction..Hohohoho..” The head master said loudly to no response.

He takes of the head revealing an old man with grey hair and a short beard. Very muscular for what his age should be.”hohoho You students are no fun, but with your future on the line I guess your right to be serious. ”The headmaster said as his face changed from a smile to a serious expression. “For your test hunt you will hunt a bulldrome. A devastating brute with the power to charge to ends of the Earth. There has been an explosion in their population in the past 2 years so more of them are around. Each of the 8 teams are tasked with hunting at least one. As per usual you will be granted a time limit of 1 hour for each team. Unlike the morning challenge finishing early will not be rewarded. Team work, skill and overall cohesion will be the main focus. While you are encouraged to hunt only 1  for your pass more will grant you better rewards.” The headmaster declared.

“With that said you have an hour to strategize and prepare. The teams will go as follows gold, silver, purple, blue, red, green, black and orange. Goodluck please come back in one piece.” the headmaster concluded and left the stage. As he leave he looks around the room and sees Riley and smiles at him. Riley with his arms cross raises his hand slightly as to not draw attention to himself. The old man smiles and continues on his way.

Later at the weapon storage hall the boys are seated on the ground.” Its a bulldrome, so what’s the plan oh glorious leader sir.” Hunter says dramatically. The other chuckle a little bit. ”Well its weak to blunt force damage but we don’t use hammers.” Vin says looking at Eugey. Eugene looks at Riley and smiles. “Hey Riley do you think you can copy a hammer users style if you saw it before the hunt?” Eugey said with a hopeful expression in his eyes. “I can try but it won’t be great, I have to see it then practice it for hours but the tempo will be off. “ Riley said looking down disappointed. “ it could work if it was an experienced hammer user.” Riley added.

“I doubt the instructors would demonstrate they’re weapon right now.” Vin said looking at Riley. “What if we don’t need a hammer.” Hunter chimed in. Everyone looks at him expectedly with a confused expression. “You’re gonna have to make it make sense. Because we need to hunt the highest number to beat everyone.” Zack said jumping up and pointing at Hunter. “Come on think about it Eugey and Riley do blunt damage with Shield and great sword slap respectively. What if we use more than one of each weapon. ”Hunter said doubtfully.

“That makes sense logically but in practice not so much. Riley and you are kinda the only ones who can feasibly use every weapon.” Eugene said looking at Hunter. “Wait that’s not a bad idea, Eugey can you use a shield in either are.” Riley said looking at Eugey with a smile. “Yeah why?” Eugey responded. “What are you thinking Riley. Sounds like you got a plan.” Zack said now pointing at Riley excitedly. “ If we don’t have a hammer why don’t we make one of us into one.” Riley said we a big smile on his face looking at Eugene.

“Hear me out, Zack and Eugey use sword and shield then Eugene give Zack your sword ad he gives you his shield. Then you can give a brain rearranging what you think.” Riley says excitedly the others look at him like he’s crazy. “That’s genius if can switch effectively we can do so much more. You and Hunter can then finish it off. We could even kill more than one this way.” Eugene says as he is deep in thought. “That could work actually wish i could participate seems like it will be a fun one.”Vin responds smiling.

“Give me an hour ill have a perfect plan to make the most out of this.” Eugey says put his hands on Hunter and Riley’s heads smiling. The rest join him in his smile and nod in agreement. The other teams start their hunts one by one they each go out first Gold killed 5. Silver killed2 captures 1. purple capture 1.

“Okay guys your heading out in 15 minutes I can’t join you on this one but you got Eugey..” Vin said giving a thumbs up. Everyone nods. Eugene shakes his head and puts out his fist and looks at everyone and they all do the same. They break up the group and get ready for the test. “So it begins.” Riley says as he and his friends go to leave the academy to the hunt.