25

Too many times I've been wrong

I guess being right takes too long

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

L.L

As I sat in my home office, the events of the past day played over and over in my mind. The meeting had been a success, the investors were interested, and everything should have felt like it was falling into place. But my thoughts kept drifting back to Gianna, and more specifically, to the moment we had shared in the conference room.

When she excused herself to use the bathroom, I saw an opportunity. I needed to explain what had happened with Mia, to clear the air between us. But the moment I followed Gianna and pulled her into the empty conference room, everything changed.

Her eyes, filled with a mix of confusion, hurt, and something else I couldn't quite place, met mine. The tension between us was palpable, and despite her attempts to shut me down, to insist that we were nothing more than business partners, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more. I felt an overwhelming urge to bridge the distance between us. And then, without thinking, I kissed her.

It was a kiss that defied all logic and reason. 

My hands cupped her face, and her lips met mine in a moment of pure, unadulterated connection. It was a kiss filled with all the things we hadn't said, with all the tension and unspoken feelings that had been building up between us.

For a few brief moments, everything else faded away. The investors, the business, Mia—none of it mattered. It was just Gianna and me, lost in the intensity of that kiss. Her lips were soft and warm, and as I pulled her closer, I felt a sense of rightness that I hadn't felt in a long time.

But then reality crashed back in, and we pulled away, both of us breathing heavily. The look in her eyes mirrored my own shock and confusion. We quickly returned to the meeting, but the atmosphere between us had shifted, charged with an electric tension that neither of us could ignore. That kiss had changed everything.

I had to figure out what to do next. The kiss with Gianna couldn't be ignored, and neither could my feelings for her. But I had to approach this carefully, to find a way to navigate the complicated web of emotions and relationships without causing more damage.

I couldn't sit in my office any longer. The kiss with Gianna had stirred something deep inside me, and I needed to see her, to talk to her, to make sense of everything that had happened. The memory of her lips on mine, the way she looked at me, the feelings it had awakened—I couldn't ignore it any longer.

The drive to Gianna's dorm building was a blur. My mind was racing with thoughts of our kiss, the business, and the tangled mess of emotions that had been consuming me since yesterday. I parked hastily and jogged towards the entrance, my heart pounding not just from the exertion, but from the fear of what I might find. 

As I rounded the corner, I spotted her. Gianna was sitting on a bench near the entrance, her head bowed, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs. My breath caught in my throat as I saw the gash on her arm, blood trickling down and staining her sleeve.

"Gianna!" I called out, my voice filled with concern and panic. I rushed over to her, kneeling beside the bench. "What happened? Are you okay?"

She looked up at me, her eyes red and puffy from crying. She quickly tried to hide her arm, but the damage was already done. "I'm fine, Louis," she said, her voice trembling. "It's nothing. Just—leave me alone."