CHAPTER 5: Epilogue

After that day, in Tweek's house when they took down that man, Kenny's story and what had happened to him spread like wildfire across the whole town. Because keeping anything like that a secret in South Park, was near impossible.

The man was identified as someone who had been put in the system before for previous questionable things, and was told to stay away from minors and such. Kenny didn't know him personally, but he did recall how he helped him once with something. Nothing big, only a small thing. But apparently that was enough of a reason, for the man to start stalking and sending creepy messages to him. Even more so, when the man had seen Kenny's face under his hood. That's when things seemed to escalate and the whole, 'Angel' thing started to come into play. And for Tweek, he felt as if he had seen the man before in his shop, as a passing customer or something.

Some time passes, and as hard and embarrassing as it is for Kenny, people eventually start to move on and talk about other things. However, the emotional and mental scars left behind for him still lingered, as evidence was still around. The one thing that wasn't mentioned to the police, were the pictures that were taken of him. The ones in the house. And in order to keep his privacy intact, Tweek went back there on his own, collected them all in a box, then burned them. Afterwards, he also deleted all the messages he got on his phone from the creep, before ultimately deciding to buy a new one.

But as for the two and where they were now, after all that had happened to them, they became near inseparable from one another. Their bond only seeming to grow with each passing day.

"I'm glad to have met you," Kenny says, as he pushes himself back on the swing set they currently sat on.

"I'm glad to have met you too," Tweek says back, looking at him with a smile.

The two look over the park, recalling memories of how their friendship first bloomed here, and watch as the sun's setting light touched everything with a warm glow. A lot had changed in them since that day, especially for Kenny. The after effects of the traumatic events he went through still lingered and Tweek knew they would never fully go away for him, just soften as time passed. One thing he was glad for at least, was Kenny's reduction in nightmares. He still had them every once in a while, but they weren't anywhere near as bad, or frequent as before.

Kenny continues to swing, his eyes now shut as Tweek glances over at him, wondering what he's thinking of. Kenny's eyes open again after a few minutes, and he jumps off the swing and turns to face Tweek.

"We should get going to your place, before that T.V marathon ends. Don't you think?" he suggests.

"Oh r-right!" Tweek says and looks at the time on his phone. "Jesus, it's that time already?!"

Kenny lets out a soft laugh and reaches a hand to him.

"Let's go?" he asks.

Tweek puts his phone away and takes Kenny's hand as he gets up. He doesn't let it go of it, even after standing, because he knew that Kenny found some sort of small comfort in it. And that it made him feel like he wasn't alone. As the two exit the park and make their way down the street, to Tweek's house, Kenny gives it a little squeeze and Tweek returns it in a reassuring manner. No matter what scars still remained in Kenny, he would make sure that he was there to try and help heal them, as best he could. No matter how long it took.

END