⁰¹⁴. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝

REGIONALS WERE FINALLY HERE

REGIONALS WERE FINALLY HERE. Nadia sat in the back row next to Finn with her legs crossed as she watched as Mr. Shue entered the room with a piece of paper in his hands. She hoped it was the rest of their set list but she was wrong when Mr. Shue said these very words.

"Guys, I've got some bad news." He announced. "You know how we decided on Sing by My Chemical Romance for Regionals? Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it."

"It was the perfect anthem," Puck commented, rather upset about the matter.

"How much do you want to bet Coach Sylvester has something to do with this?" Mercedes asked.

"One step ahead of you." Mr. Shue responded.

Nadia rolled her eyes. "So what are you going to do now?" She questioned.

"I think we should write original songs for Regionals," Rachel suggested.

"All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana commented, causing half the group to raise their hands.

"No. I think Rachel is right." Nadia made a face as she looked back at Quinn. Quinn Fabray was agreeing with Rachel Berry. Hell must've frozen over. "This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different," Quinn mentioned.

"That's true, but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs we're not going to be so good," Mercedes said.

"You're right. We're not going to be as good. We're going to be better." Quinn continued. "We won't be using other people's words or music. It'll be our own. Our own hearts, soul, not just our voices. We have a really talented songwriter in our midst. Rachel. I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together."

Nadia giggled, finding this ever so amusing. "It's a very cold day in hell."

"I'm with Quinn and Rachel. I mean, if these two can agree on something, it's probably an idea worth considering." Finn told them.

Santana objected. "Wait, wait, so suddenly, you two are writing the music for Regionals? No way. I think that everyone should get a chance to write a song."

"Santana's right. We can do this." Sam commented.

"What do you think, Mr. Shue?" Mercedes asked.

"I think we're doing original songs for Regionals." Mr. Shue responded and they cheered.

After class, Nadia grabbed her coat from the chair and then walked out of the choir room with her books in hand. She strutted down the hallway to her locker and saw Sam lingering behind her as she stopped at her locker. Nadia spun the lock a few times before opening the door and putting her books inside.