Home coming

Chapter 1: 

An unspoken words piled into Daya's car as they were returning to Mumbai.

It's been a week since the harrowing mission ended with everything coming back to normal and everyone were still buzzing with the relief of Daya's return. The weeklong leave in the village had been filled with laughter, fun, and a sense of normalcy. But the atmosphere in the car was anything but normal.

Abhi was seated in the passenger seat helplessly looking outside window, Tarika and shreya were in the back - middle seat with shreya under medicine, taking a nap and Tarika poking Abhijeet from back about the situation. Sachin-Purvi were at the last seat giggling, wishpering and romancing. Daya was driving the SUV while his eyes were glued to Shreya, who sat stiffly behind him.

The incident – the one that had almost cost Daya and Shreya their life – hung heavy between them

The incident – the one that had almost cost Daya and Shreya their life – hung heavy between them. Daya had been silent, observing her from afar, acting like a lovestruck puppy for Shreya. Now, with everyone else in the car, his behavior was even more pronounced.

Abhijeet stared back at Tarika who send him signals about Daya's driving. Abhi glanced back at Daya and recollected his request.

**Daya: Boss suno na... tum, Tarika, Main aur Sachin-Purvi ek car mein chalte hain

Abhi:(teasing)Aur shreya?

Daya:(smiled)Uske saath hi..(looked around wishpering)kuch karo na yaar jisse hum sab saath chal sake.

Abhi:(smiled)Haa theek hain main kuch karta hu.

Abhijeet readily agreed. He watched Dareya for the past week and knew something was up with Shreya as he wanted to understand what was happening with her while she was silent and Daya was waiting for a chance to talk to her.

As per Abhijeet plan, Pankaj-Freddy, Nikhil, Rajat, Acp and Salunke drove back in other car while remaining all were in Daya's car. Daya smiled nodding to Abhijeet as he started the engine, Tarika shot Abhijeet a withering glare. The car sputtered to life.

Abhi: Daya..(he glanced at him then again back at road)dekhke drive kar accident hojayega itna fast chalyega to..

Abhijeet exclaimed taunting Daya's driving as he drove like a bullock cart, ignoring the minimum speed limit.

Daya:(whispered understanding his words)Boss, Shreya ki tabiyat abhi bhi theek nahi hain isliye dhayan se chala raha hu.

Abhi;(raising his eye brow)Isse dhayan se chalana kehte hain?

Daya noded and Abhi glanced back at Tarika who shook her head giggling.

Abhi:(glanced at shreya)Daya finally apne feelings showcase kar raha hain.

Sachin and Purvi, oblivious to the tension, whispered sweet nothings to each other, their joyful reunion taking over any concerns.

Abhijeet, sitting beside Daya, was going crazy. He was already frustrated with Daya's driving, but what was worse was Daya's constant attention to Shreya.Daya kept turning on and off car's AC and heater for shreya while she self comfortably.