09. || 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍.

_____

2 years later

Deadly footsteps were heard across the school halls, he kept a cold stare as he made his way towards a specific class with eagerness.

The class erupted with many 17 year olds laughing and hanging out, Yeonjun was seen talking to a few friends as the teacher wasn't anywhere to be seen as she left for the restroom without any care of the students.

Suddenly everyone felt something intense around the atmosphere, but they chose to ignore it as the taps of shoes echoed near the halls they soon came to a stop. There was a sudden slam as the classroom door flew open, everyone gasped as they looked over Yeonjun's eyes widened.
His cold stare broke as a small smirk formed on his lips.

"Yeonjun I'm heree!" Beomgyu squealed as he grinned at Yeonjun.
"Oh great not you again." Yeonjun muttered as he grumbled in annoyance before tearing his gaze away.

"How's my little demon doing?" Beomgyu raised a brow as he appeared next to Yeonjun.
"Leave me alone..." Yeonjun pushed Beomgyu away as he moved away from him.
One of Yeonjun's friends slapped his shoulder then to catch his attention, "dude why are you ignoring him? He's so cool!".

"Yeah he's Lucifer himself!" Another friend commented, it made Yeonjun pissed.
"Can you guys cut it out? He's not cool! Why do you guys even like him!?"
"Bro, everyone likes him. He's like the talk of the school every since he started visiting you".

Beomgyu chuckled as he got their attention, "I'm very flattered by that, though I don't care about what people think of me or if I'm popular of such. I'm only here for my little demon~" Beomgyu cooed at Yeonjun as he held his hands and kept them in a firm grasp, "y'know I do think you've been truly ignoring me though...why's that my angel?".

"Stop calling me that-"
"Why not I can if I want to darling~" he whispered in his ear before his lips grazed over Yeonjun's neck, beginning to prep soft kisses.
Yeonjun gasped as he felt his face blush in embarrassment by having the whole class staring at them.

Yeonjun squirmed under Beomgyu's touch, but it only made Beomgyu more dominant as he held Yeonjun in place, his kisses intensifying.

There was a sudden interruption as the teacher came back, causing everyone to turn their attention towards her instead. After Yeonjun kept silently pleading Beomgyu to let him go the devil eventually did, loosening his grasp on him as he stepped away from Yeonjun.

Yeonjun let out a relieved sigh as he turned his attention towards the teacher but was suddenly spun around towards Beomgyu as the world around them stopped Beomgyu stepped closer to him, a cocky smirk playing on his lips.

"Now my sweet angel, you do know you're cursed right?" He cocked a brow.
"Yeah, I know." Yeonjun replied bluntly.
"There's no escaping me, no matter how much you try...got that?" He held his chin in a tight grip as his eyes glowed red. As he snapped his free hand and his rascals appeared behind him.
Yeonjun glared at Beomgyu, clenching his fists as he huffed out, "you're a worthless piece of shit...".

Beomgyu's smirk faltered as he felt his heart burn into the abyss, his throat went dry. The devil felt tears trying to attack their way out but he refused.
"Yeonjun I..." Beomgyu breathed out as he took his hand off his chin and stepped back immediately, his two rascals frowned as they watched Beomgyu appear weak and sad...

Those were the hurtful words his mother had said to him, the day he...died.

Eve approached Beomgyu as she gave him a concerned look, "Sir Lucifer are you okay-".
"I'm fine Eve my dear..." Beomgyu muttered before tearing his gaze away from them and Yeonjun.

Yeonjun heard the hurt in Beomgyu's voice as he looked away from him, but he was confused. Why was he hurt? He's the devil after all.
It took the 3 by surprise when Beomgyu left the classroom in an instant, causing his rascals to chase after him immediately leaving Yeonjun alone.

Time unfroze then as everyone in the class started moving like normal once again, everyone eyes Yeonjun as they saw Beomgyu was gone so suddenly.

Had he hurt Beomgyu's feelings?

_____

Later that day Beomgyu was at a park late at night, it would have seemed he was alone, but no. Laughter of a boy and girl were heard with him, as Beomgyu played around with Adam and Eve enjoying his time with them he had seemed to have forgotten what happened earlier.

Near them Yeonjun walked, he was heading home after a nightshift, exhausted he breathed in the cold air of the night, feeling at peace with the quietness around town.

Though the quietness was soon interrupted when he heard faint laughter near him, he froze in his spot, before letting his curiosity get the better of him as he made his way over towards the faint laughing. He thought he might have stumbled across ghost kids but his eyes widened as he saw where they were coming from.
Beomgyu, Adam, and Eve.

His nosy self hid behind a tree as he watched them play around in the park. Seeing Beomgyu happy and content made him question himself. Why was the devil happy?

"Sir Lucifer isn't it time to head home now?" Adam questioned as he gazed up at Beomgyu.
Beomgyu chuckled, "my sweet Adam, you two can play for as long as you want...it doesn't matter.."
As Yeonjun watched Adam and Eve run towards the playground again he couldn't help but feel, warm? Seeing Beomgyu being so kind made him curious. He had always expected Beomgyu to be cold and cruel, but seeing his soft side on others was something new to him.

When he suddenly felt two arms wrap around his waist his breath hitched, feeling the familiar pair of lips ghost over his neck as a low whisper was heard.

"Where were you Yeonjun?..."

_______________________________________________