1

Shu woke up sweating like he does almost every night. He sighs and rubs his eyes, as his nightmare replays in his head. When he was the age of 14 his parents were killed by the mafia. Only he and his little brother, Uki, survived. He is now 18 and his brother is 17.

Shu looks towards his door as the sound of knocking is heard. "Come in." The door creeks open as he sees his brother peak in.

"Are you okay?" Uki asks.

"I'm fine." Shu reponds. "Why are you up? It's..." He glances at his alarm clock and sighs. "It's 1 in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep." The younger sighs, closing his brother's door and walking over to his bed. Shu pats the spot next to him as Uki smiles and sits next to his brother. "Did you have another nightmare?" Uki wonders.

"Yeah..." Shu answers, glancing over to Uki. "Here." He fluffs up the pillow behind Uki. "Why don't you sleep in here." Uki nods and lays down next to his brother as a comfortable silence fills the room.

"Do you think they will ever catch who killed them?" Uki asks, breaking the silence. Shu doesn't need to ask who 'them' is, as he already knows.

"I don't know... Once the police arrived those people had already disappeared." Shu responds. Uki lets out a sad sigh.

"I know I just..." Uki starts to tear up. "I just miss them..."

"Hey, hey, hey." Shu says, sitting up next to the younger one. "I miss them too." The older brings the younger into a hug. "But look at how far we've come! We have our own apartment after living with Aunt Olivia for a couple years, and we both have good jobs!" Shu reassures his brother as he hugs him back.

"Yeah." Uki chuckels. "I guess we have made it far." The two break the hug as Uki wipes his nose with sleeve of his violet hoodie.

"C'mon. Let's get some sleep." Shu says, laying back down as Uki does the same. "Good night, Uki."

"Night Shu."

Soon, sleep over takes both of them as they fall into a deep slumber.

★★★

Sorry about the shortish chapter. I just wanted to make one so everything would kind of be explained for future chapters!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FINANA!! 💙

Words- 400

See you in the next chapter!

-Your lovely nonbinary writer. 🖤