022🥀

☽☾☽☾

☽☾☽☾

Evelyn sat in front of the window, leaning on her knees which she hugged in her hands, the drops of water flowed down the window like waterfalls. Her red eyes followed closely every drop that was bright in her sight.

The roof of the house rustled in the rain and it brought peace to Evelyn's body, the leaves of the trees swayed slightly in the wind and a small fog surrounded the house.

Evelyn let out a sigh as she got up without taking her eyes off the landscape that opened from her room's window.
She just wanted to cry, but as an immortal it's hard, no matter how hard she tried the tears just wouldn't fall from her eyes.

She slowly brought her hand up towards her neck, fingers with nails painted in dark green touched the nonentity that saddened her more.

Evelyn remember when she was lying on her back in the meadow, looking up at the cloudless sky. She closed her eyes and listened to the water flowing in the nearby river. Birds whistled as they flew above the trees. A smile appeared on her face and she got up walking towards the river. She whistled out sweet chords and heard the whistle match, which made her giggle loud and continued whistling.

She turned head in the direction of the whistling and saw the boy approaching. A smirk came to her face when she heard the boy whistle back at her.

Evelyn pursed her lips tightly and opened her eyes, looking towards the window again. All those memories and the last thing is gone now.

"Evelyn dear, is everything okay?" Esme's warm voice was heard from the door and Evelyn blinked quickly. Without looking back, she answered quietly. "Everything is fine."

Esme smiled sadly and looked at the red-haired girl by the window. It had been a couple of weeks since they had returned from Italy, and since then something had been bothering the girl.

"You know you can always talk to me or Carlisle." She spoke carefully and finally Evelyn turned around giving a small smile.

"I know."

Esme crossed her arms in front of her and stepped back, leaving the room and at the same time giving way to another redhead standing in the hallway.

Elliot put his hand on Esme's shoulder and smiled, nodding at the same time. He entered the room and walked towards his little sister who was broken with grief and anger.

"You know that was the only memory." Evelyn whispered and Elliot gently took her into his arms. "I know that, but sister it's been a thousand years already."