It's A Different Life

There are certain moments in time when you figure out something for the first time.

It's similar to the feeling you get when you finally understand a joke that people have been using lately. 

These moments, these precious times when you finally understand, finally see.  Well.  I had one of these moments far too young.  The time when I knew I was, er, different. 

It was summer.  Summers are usually times for new things.  New beginnings.  New places.  New friends.

In my case, it was a new sense.  A sixth sense, or maybe it was just emphasis on a sense I already had.

I was sitting outside on my front porch.  I was probably around six, or seven years old.  Then the ice cream truck drives along the road.  And I don't even remember what I was doing, I think I was drawing a tree or something.  But I had been wanting ice cream all throughout that day, and of course I didn't get any.  So when I saw this ice cream truck drive down the road, I wanted some.  Badly.  So I chased it.   I chased it and chased it until I realized I didnt' have any money.  So I ran back to my house, into my room, and grabbed a five dollar bill, which was probably equivalent to a one-hundred dollar bill to a seven year old.  I ran outside, realizing I had lost the truck.

But I hadn't.

Nope.  Somehow, I could smell it.  Weird, right?  So I sort of tracked it down with my sense of smell, and soon enough, I was walking home with sticky, snow cone covered seven-year-old hands.  How lovely. 

I know.  That's not how you'd imagine how I discovered I was different.  But really.  No one smells out an ice cream truck.  Except me.  And a few "lucky" others.  If you could call it that. 

Author's Note: Hey all! Sooo I never really thought about updating this little story here but I was really bored today, considering I've had exams all week and had nothing else to do.  I hope you enjoyed this little intro, and I'll be updating as often as I can, which will probably be once or twice a week.  Thanks for reading :)

xx Jade