𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

July 13, 2023

"Has he still not answered?"

"No, his phone has been turned off for three days," Jongho mumbled disinterestedly and stirred his coffee. His face was reflected in the dark drink. He had no idea what was going on, but he had a strange feeling and was confused that Yeosang didn't answer him.

"Why don't you just ask Wooyoung?" Vernon asked and Jongho turned around, annoyed. "You can't wait to get rid of me right." Vernon looked at his brother and stroked his hair. "Jongho, it's not like that. You know..." Jongho stood up and interrupted him. "It's okay, I'll pack my things."

He didn't wait for an answer and walked to his room where he packed a bag. He wasn't sad to leave this house that had no emotional importance for him anyway, but he didn't want to live apart from his brother. He couldn't understand how Vernon could get involved in such a bet when he was always the more rational one of the two. He couldn't understand why Vernon didn't look for another apartment for them. He couldn't understand why Yeosang had turned off his phone. Had he ruined everything? Couldn't they even be friends now? Frustrated, Jongho stuffed his clothes into his bag.

....

Half an hour later, Jongho was standing in front of Wooyoung's room in the dormitory. He knocked and a short time later the door was opened. "Can I sleep at your place?"

.....

A rustling. A knock. A roar. A voice.

Yeosang couldn't feel his body. All he heard were muffled noises that disappeared the next moment. He heard someone speaking and it disappeared again immediately. He couldn't see anything and couldn't move. As if his soul had left his body. Was he in heaven? Was this what life after death felt like? He had no idea and while he was trying to remember something, he lost consciousness again and dreams took over him.

.....

A hand lay on Yeosang's arm. Then a sob rang through the room. The door opened and another person entered the room. "How is he?" San, who was sitting by the bed holding Yeosang's arm, turned around and recognized Seonghwa in the doorway. There was a mixture of fear and worry on Seonghwa's face.

"The doctor said he's stable, but they've put him in an induced coma. Maybe he'll never wake up again," San pressed out. Seonghwa closed the door behind him and came to the bed. Then he put a hand on San's shoulder.

"It's our fault," San said desperately. "We left him out. We were preoccupied with ourselves and didn't realize what was going on with him." Seonghwa's eyes slowly filled with tears as he scanned Yeosang's pale face. "No, it's my fault," Seonghwa mumbled and San looked up at him.

"I knew he wasn't well and still didn't do anything. It's my fault he was so unhappy. I have..." Seonghwa's voice broke off. "You what?" San asked.

Before Seonghwa could answer him, the door opened again and Hongjoong entered the room. He looked at the two of them silently, then his gaze wandered to Yeosang. "When will he wake up again?" he asked distantly. San stood up. "If he wakes up at all," he mumbled and squeezed past Hongjoong. Hongjoong looked questioningly in Seonghwa's direction.

"Can you show empathy for once in your life?" Seonghwa asked. Hongjoong shrugged his shoulders. "It's not like he's dead." Seonghwa's hands clenched into fists. "If San hadn't found him, he would have, and then what would you have done huh?"

Although Seonghwa became louder, Hongjoong remained calm. "It's his fault if he wanted to kill himself. What do you expect me to do? Crying for him? If he had died, I would have replaced him. That's it." Seonghwa's blood boiled with anger. "Do you realize what you're saying?"