𝘼𝘾𝙏 𝙊𝙉𝙀

"IN WHICH, a teenage girl craves her own romance story in a town filled with the supernatural

"IN WHICH, a teenage girl craves her own romance story in a town filled with the supernatural."

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

one year before (s1 e1: pilot)
warning: contains drugs, alcohol, bullying, swearing, nudity, and sexual assault

FRESHMAN YEAR—A WHIRLWIND OF CHANGE. Apparently, Theo Roan got the memo and vanished, leaving no trace. Nova wished he'd left a note. Except, all he left was money for the Rosewoods, Penny and Nova. It helped for quite some time but then all good things must come to an end. For example, Penny Rosewood—she abuses that privilege, using the money for drugs.  Lying straight through her teeth, claiming she gives that money to Nonna. Nova didn't even know a Nonna! It took quite some time for Nova to realize that her mom probably meant—a Grandma; however, both of her grandmas were dead. So whatever drugs she's on, really messed her up.

No good, two face, shi—

The small clock chimed, jolting the girl into action.

"Shit!" Nova cursed when she saw the straight line in the middle of her words. 

She quickly silenced the clock with a tap, grabbing her school bag, and rushed downstairs. When she reached the foot of the stairs, she saw the lady of the hour—slumped on the couch, surrounded by empty beer bottles and an overflowing ashtray. As the good girl she is, Nova quietly tiptoed into the living room gathering the bottles and disposed the cigarettes. After tidying up the chaos as best as she could, she left a note: "Off to school." With a sigh, Nova left the quiet house behind her, already dreading the year before her.

HALFWAY THROUGH HER FRESHMAN YEAR, SHE EARNED NICKNAMES. The one that she was widely know for was "SLUT".  The four letter word, right in front of her.  Spray painted in red ink.  Pictures of her, naked, along her locker.  That's when it hit her, someone took her innocence away without her knowing. Tears falling from her eyes, ripping the inappropriate pictures off the metal, throwing them in the bin filled with garbage.  Nova ran away like she's never before with tears streaming down her face.   Teenagers snickering as she ran, some felt sorry for her, yet they couldn't help but wonder, "Didn't she do this to herself."

Seeming like they were the only one, the famous trio of Mystic Falls High School—Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena, felt sorry for the girl.  None of them never had a real conversation with her, but they knew no one she should be put in that situation.  So, they did what any guardian angel would do: Help those in need of help.  They scrubbed the vibrant lettering off and burned the pictures of her.  From that day forward, they knew they were going to protect her from any harm.

disclaimer/ the famous trio of mystic falls high school because a quartet!  if they had a song it would be birds of a feather by billie eilish!  they all love each other smmm, and i love them!
i'm sorry if it was a bit harsh for an opening scene. next chapter will be taking place in Pilot, season1 episode1.  ok bye love y'all.
-xoxo
      astral ♡

 -xoxo      astral ♡