ׂ╰┈➤𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐞

evelynwinslow added to their story

caption: bye bye yale!

I couldn't believe it.

 Just weeks after finishing my degree at Yale, I was already knee-deep in job applications, hoping to land a dream gig in journalism. Each application felt like a shot in the dark, a hopeful leap into the unknown.

Then, one quiet afternoon as I refreshed my inbox for the umpteenth time, there it was—a subject line that caught my eye: "Opportunity of a Lifetime: FIA Journalist Position."

I clicked with trembling fingers, heart pounding in my chest as I read through the carefully crafted email. The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, the pinnacle of motorsport, wanted me as a journalist. The words danced before my eyes, and I had to read them again to be sure it wasn't a dream.

"We are impressed by your credentials and passion for storytelling," the email began, detailing how they'd come across my portfolio and were interested in having me on board to cover the exhilarating world of Formula One racing.

My heart swelled with excitement and a touch of disbelief.

Was this really happening?

The email continued, expressing their enthusiasm about the unique perspective I could bring to their coverage and how they believed I would thrive in the fast-paced environment of motorsport journalism.

I sat back in my chair, mind racing with possibilities. This wasn't just a job offer; it was an invitation to immerse myself in a universe of roaring engines, adrenaline-fueled races, and stories waiting to be told.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I picked up my phone and called the first person that came to my mind.

Ringing: Lando Nowins😚

Lando and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. Our fathers were best friends, and that bond naturally extended to us. He's always been there for me, like a brother. We share countless cherished memories. Navigating the Formula One environment will be so much easier with him by my side to guide me.

On call: Lando Nowins😚

Hi beautiful, what's up!

OH MY GOSH LANDO, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST READ

OH MY GOSH EVELYN. What is going on?

I got an email from the FIA. They want me to attend a meeting to discuss a future journalism occupation.

WHAT NO WAY! That's so amazing Eve. I'm so proud of you. When is the meeting?

Uhmm good question. Let me check.

It says January 22nd. 

Wait.

THATS TOMORROW!

That's what happens when you don't check emails, Evelyn.

Now's not the time Lan. I need to do so much. I have to get my hair done, my nails, my outfit prepared, my documents and my script in my head. 

So much to do. So little time!

It's a meeting, not a date. It is going to go well. If I were you, I'd start by responding to the email!

Oh shit. You're right. See you later Lando!

See you too Evelyn! If you need anything call me. I'd be happy to give you a tour!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A million thoughts were rushing through my head.

The thought of working in the Formula One environment excites me, but it also brings up many questions.

If I get this job offer, will I have to move? Will I make new friends? Is the salary sufficient?

The uncertainty is daunting, but the potential for an incredible opportunity keeps me motivated.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

author's note

first chapterrr

i know it's very short but i literally have no idea how to put my thoughts into words😭😭