3.1: meeting gone wrong.

you and taylor had invited gracie over for dinner because taylor and gracie had to work on a song they were writing and you had also never met gracie. you've met almost all of taylor's friends but gracie so you thought this would be a perfect opportunity to meet her.

the doorbell rang, and taylor went to answer it. gracie walked in looking beautiful. you greeted her with a warm smile, "hey, gracie! i'm y/n! you look amazing tonight."

"thank you," she replied politely, but there was something in her eyes that seemed distant.

throughout the evening, you tried to engage gracie in conversation, complimenting her on various things but each time, her responses were cut short and her body language screamed discomfort. it was starting to get to you.

finally, you couldn't take it anymore. you found a moment when taylor was busy in the kitchen and approached gracie. "hey, can we talk for a second?"

gracie looked hesitant but nodded. "is something wrong?" you asked gently. "i feel like there's some tension between us, and i really want to understand what's going on."

gracie sighed, looking down at her hands. "it's nothing," she said, but her eyes said something different.

"please, gracie," you pressed. "if there's something bothering you, i'd rather know."

after a long pause, gracie finally met your eyes. "okay, fine. i don't like you," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

the words hit you like a punch to the gut. "what? why?" you asked, genuinely confused and hurt. "what did i do?"

"it's not something you've done," she explained, her tone softening a bit. "it's just... i feel like you're taking taylor away from me. we've been friends for so long, and now it feels like there's no room for me anymore."

you took a deep breath, trying to process her words. "gracie, i never wanted to come between you and taylor. she's always spoken so highly of you, and i really wanted us to be friends too."

gracie looked at you, her eyes filled with uncertainty. "i guess i just need some time to adjust," she said finally.

you nodded, understanding her feelings. "i get it. and i'm willing to give you that time. just know that i care about taylor a lot, and i want to be a part of her life without taking anything away from you."

gracie's eyes softened, and for the first time that evening, you saw a glimmer of vulnerability. "it's just hard" gracie said looking at the floor

you reached out, gently touching her arm. "i understand. change is hard, and it's okay to feel this way. but i promise, i'm not here to replace you. i'm here to add to the love and support she already has."

tears welled up in gracie's eyes, and she quickly wiped them away. "thank you," she whispered. "i needed to hear that."

the rest of the evening passed in a blur. there were still moments of awkwardness, but there was also a sense of relief. you had taken the first step towards understanding each other, and that was enough for now.

as you were cleaning up after everyone had left, taylor came over and hugged you tightly. "i saw you talking to gracie," she said softly. "thank you for trying to make things right."

you hugged her back, feeling a warmth spread through your chest. "i just want us all to be happy," you replied.

---
i know gracie would never say or do any of this so don't attack me.

request in the comments!