Under the sinister clouds

- Have you lost your mind? An Unforgivable? In front of your uncle?
- I know, I didn't think clearly...
- Of course you didn't! There were plenty of other spells against them!

She was right. He could just freeze, or slice in half... but no. She took a moment to calm down & handle the situation.

- And what happened after?
- That bastard literally forbade me to see Anne, or step into Feldcroft.
- Tck.. who's he? A mayor, or something?

Sebastian couldn't help, but letting out a soft chuckle, what Aida just said.

- Okay, look, I'm here now, and if you want, I can go there & talk with them, or with just Anne. - she suggested, but seeing his face, she felt a bit confused. - What's that face? Please, don't say that...
- You're also forbidden to be around the hamlet.
- This is ridiculous! I wasn't even there!
- I know... Solomon thinks, since I befriended you, he accuses you of having a bad influence on me.
- Oh, for Christ's sake... I don't want to curse, but..
- Then don't.

She had no energy to argue even more about the situation, so she tried to find something else for topic change.

- You mentioned a girl in your letter... who's that freak? - she asked in a casual tone, after they left the Undercroft.
- A Hufflepuff student. Haelena is her name, I guess.
- Haelena, Haelena... hmm... - she tried to remember who she was. - Blonde, more like white & always tied up hair & her eyes are purple?
- That one.
- I didn't talk to her ever, we just have the same class. Okay, maybe she seems like she's on another planet all the time, but I don't really see anything frightening on her.
- But you won't believe what she just said at the first time, when we just passed by! - he continued to explain. - So, I just headed to the next class, when she walked past, then I heard her mumbling something, like... 'Heat increases in the frozen hall' ... kinda weird, I can tell.
- It is... Only this one, you heard for now?
- For now... Anyway, how were the holidays?

- Uhm... pleasant, luckily. - she replied shortly. She hasn't planned to mention the Gaunt's visit & the unwanted engagement to him. - Well, I survived & I'm here in one piece!
- How do you often say? Amen?
- Amen, yes. So, you wrote earlier, that you found the clue about the tryptic. When shall we go there?
- This weekend? There won't be classes & I think it's better to leave the castle in the afternoon. The place is kinda far from here.
- Alright. Until then, I will talk to the Keepers to set the next trial, if it's already set to complete.

***

- Ah, you're back!

Aida stepped down the stairs after arriving into the Map Chamber.

- Greetings! So since I'm back now, wouldn't it be better to talk about the next trial?
- I'm glad you're taking our cause seriously, but the Headmistress hasn't shared any information with your mentor for now. A little patience, if we'd require. We're trying to set the remaining trials in time, before the goblins could make a move further.
- Alright. I can wait, then. I hope not for long.

She left then. She had no idea what to do for now. Classes were already over, maybe she may search for Natty or Poppy, probably they made progress on their personal missions while Aida was away. She went back to the common room, to change into something more comfortable. As she stepped in, she noticed an unopened letter. She quickly read it.

It was sent by Lodgok. He mentioned a goblin mine to the south from here. At the other side of the Black Lake. And he requested to bring someone, who can speak Gobbledegook.

'Great... and who could be that lucky one to bring along...', she thought.

Then she realised.

There was a boy from Ravenclaw, Amit, if she remembers well. He mentioned something about speaking Gobbledegook, when they had Astronomy the last time.