Stars and Skies are Intertwined

(Note: Sorry for not uploading for a while, I got diagnosed with arthritis and my car broke down yesterday! So it came a day late. Now enjoy!)

Molten strolled with boredom into the hotel room Bryan and Gregory were currently residing, his feet padded so he entered silently, despite being one of the worst options to give access to the entire security system, even going as far as control of the system, he was given it first chance. This was until Bryan got a newer place to endure, which skimming at house pricing now, was not much of an option, something something about economy and inflation. So they nowadays reside in the park, one of the few places for a human to inhabit in the park. Due to the office never being rebuilt after it blew up, Molten with it.

He crouched down, the wires pulling taunt as he scraped the top of the door frame when the metal door opened up for him. Walking a step in so the door could close behind him without catching a wire in the process, he observed the setting. Through his upkeeping of the park (with no thanks or gratitude) he finds that he keeps getting reminded, irritatingly, that he had access to the security system. Due to inhibitors roaming the area, a notification popped up on the security system, ‘trespassers’ or ‘locals’.

When noticing the setting of quietness and peace, he took notice of Bryan twitching in his sleep. The slight glaze of sweat in his sleep, ever the one to make it known for Molten and no one else, which till this day, he hasn't found out why.

For people who are Bryan's friends, don't seem to know the twitches in his eyes that indicate his inner thoughts when his face is rarely blank. How his heartbeat accelerates when running, going through a spiral, or how his sleeping patterns could mean different old habits popping up. Molten would cough and snarl at them later in the day, spew that they were useless or scrap metal if they couldn't keep track of anything. Let alone Bryan's mood represents an open book, but no one seems to notice the switches in mood or how he tries to put on a brave face despite the trembling in his frame.

How could you not read and soak up every little detail? It was practically pushed into your face.

It did not matter though. If no one was going to keep track of it, he would. Molten knew all of those, Bryan's habits, destructive or not, but he digressed, it didn't matter right now, not when Bryan seemed to be having some sort of nightmare. Molten stared at the furrowed brow and scrunched lines surrounding his eyes.

So Molten did what he always did, walk, hesitating at the paused breath, before resuming when a stuttering exhale followed up after what felt like eternity. He found himself towering over him, not an uncommon thing, being close enough to touch him. He traced over his face, when it twitched every so often, the shadow of his stature stationed over the upper body of Bryan. He wondered for a moment if Bryan could sense something above that shifted.

Molten found his hand had hovered over Bryan before he realized it, blinking once at the action his mind unprompted to commit. He almost found himself shaking the guy and could if he wanted, but he refrained from doing so. The reaction Bryan tends to have is to either scream or throw hands, and Molten would rather not deal with either one at this time of the night, especially not with Gregory right next to the man.

His shadow continued to cover Bryan and cast over Gregory, who was cocooned near Bryan (who ran colder). It was near winter with the winds picking up and the temperatures dropping suddenly, sickness in the air. The holidays were close, their bed in the hotel room situated across an open balcony, and the 3 large and heavy blankets that covered them seemed to heat the kid up a little too much.

With his wooly pajamas, it's always a good thing when your father runs colder than a normal person would. It would've felt sweet and peaceful. A family bonding if it wasn't for the furrowed brow on Bryan's face, his heartbeat quickening and his very miniscule off-breathing of the unsteady beat wasn't scary enough. Tension grew in every inch of his body, and the temperature dropped a few degrees in the room.