Chapter 7 | Lost

He turns his back after hearing my voice and now he's just staring at me. Unable to speak, I can see guilt plastering all over his face. I flicker my eyes between his and a small pile of clothing on the floor, his and her top have already been removed...

They have gone half way through banging one another.

"What the hell?" I shout and glare at him with my mouth agape.

This is all too surreal. This must not be real.

"I..." He stutters, his mouth opens but there is nothing to hear.

He doesn't even know what to say. Of course he doesn't. I'm stupid to even stay and listen to what he has to say. Because he doesn't have any shit to talk about.

I stomp towards him without interrupting the focus of my eyes on his.

"How could you do this to me?!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

I abruptly fling my right hand to his face with full force, the slap is so hard that it screeches with a loud bang and causes my palm to sting painfully. It took him by surprise, leaving his left cheek burning red.

"You are such a jerk!" I spit as I feel something stinging my eyes. My voice trembles and my sight gets watery. Damn it!

Little did I know that my anger would become pain and sadness. That it would come out as tears.

I cry just a split second later, it just bursts out like that and nothing can be done to hinder it. Surely Keith sees I'm in agony because of him and I don't like that. I don't want people to see me cry.

I rush out of his house with a stream of tears, almost stumbling over my own feet as they carry my quivering body away from the scene.

I notice Keith is running after me in the corner of my eyes so I turn right to a random lane and venture deeper inside.

The lane is eerily dark and quiet that it's quite scary to me. It's also covered up with lots of trash bags and left-over food scattered around, stinky, but somehow at this moment, I don't care at all.

I turn my head again with worrisome to my left and check if Keith has already lost me. I think so because I'm really deep inside this alley, I see nobody around, only the rats and cockroaches befriending me.

I don't understand, what have I done to deserve this? Why did he act like this? Was it because I didn't sleep with him? It wasn't like I didn't want to. I wanted to wait for a special occasion and he just couldn't curb his desire.

Catalina was right all this time. I was so stupid to even think somebody like Keith would actually stay loyal to me forever. He's handsome and has fangirls everywhere he goes. Why would it be me who he likes out of all the others? Nonsense!

He was only using me... He only approached me for the purpose that every guy has. It was to get into a girl's pants. Once he got it he would dump me, if not he would also dump me for another girl...

...

I lost track of time, sniffling and strolling. Not so long after, it has turned dark. The sky is now littered with small little stars sparkling hazily. The alleyway becomes dim as I tramp further inside.

At this point, I can no longer make out any noise of people talking or cars peeping at each other. Everything is dead silent. Except for whatever kind of languages the rats and insects are communicating about.

I fumble for my phone in my pocket worriedly to check out the time.

What? 00:26 already?! Catalina will be so freaking mad about this.