Dear 小姑姑 ,

Dearest Xiao Gu Gu, I miss randomly picking up the phone to call you. I caught a cold recently and I can't breathe through my nose at all. Is it cold in kalimantan? 

I can see the moon from my bedroom window. Are we gazing up at the same moon?

Many times, when I cannot sleep, puzzling over my own predicament, I imagine that I am talking to all sorts of people. Tonight, I imagine talking to Prince William, Prince Harry and King Charles because I indulge in tabloid news about their engagement, wedding and new additions to the family. It makes me laugh to myself.  

The real story starts here from a recollection that I was invited to a prestigious invite-only car show where I had the opportunity to tour vintage sports cars. It was a long awaited show that had my parents gushing with excitement and my then-still-alive grandparents leaping out of their seats with joy at being invited to such an event, and myself, frowning, always dirty and grubby, into a nice frock for the formal event. When we came in through the front door, we were greeted with open smiles from beautifully dressed, young and hungry salesmen. I could never forget their trim figures, red lipstick, bodice hugging dresses and stilettos. Out of curiosity, I decided to slip into the driver's seat and try out the accelerator just to see if the car works. Probably used before but still in working condition. The car did indeed lurch forward, and unlike normal cars, this fancy sports car lurched forward with no problem at all and sky rocket-launched itself into an elegant woman poised against the pillar. There was a squeal that came from me or from the elegant woman, I do not know. It was loud enough that it attracted a crowd that blocked my view of the elegant woman. Unbeknownst to me, the elegant woman who stood hunched against the pillar, sandwiched by the shiny hood of the car, pinned against the pillar was the picture perfect image of Princess Diana. O my do not ask me how I knew who she was and what made me decide to make that connection to that particular family. But it is her, in the flesh! I was trying to get my head wrapped around the whole scene that was unraveling in front of me. Great, the car passed the test. I quickly scrambled out of the seat and tried to open the door. I heard hurried footsteps coming towards me... I stayed still, facepalmed myself for sitting still... some more waiting... the click-clack of newly-bought shiny, hard, polished brogues on polished marble floors echoed loudly amongst the increasing din from the gathering crowd... A pair of hands reached over me and pulled out the keys in the ignition. A man's face appeared above me. This was no warm, welcoming kind smile nor was it the familiar, knowing smile of my proud excited parents that greeted me. I immediately knew something was serious. The bank manager grimaced. The door clicked open and I deliberated on whether I should flee or find out what happened to the woman. Before I could wrap my head around what was happening, a blunt, heavy force came from my left and struck me across the face. The next moment, I was on the floor. I scrambled to get my bearing and before I could wrap my head around what was happening, I heard a voice scream 'catch her'. Who? Catch me? And that's when I saw her sandwiched between the pillar and the sports car, hunched against the hood of the car. She sustained what appeared to be light injuries at first glance. I saw a little bit of redness under her breast. She lifted up her shirt. And I pressed her wound to see if it is an abrasion and she screamed loudly. Ok, still alive. I was so shocked. Prince Charles at the time was stricken with worry and so anxious to have her sent to the hospital. I asked her if she was okay. I received a resounding 'obviously' from I forgot where. He was talking to me very quickly as though he was reluctantly indulging in an old childhood habit or scrutinizing a petulant child who knew the answer to a very obvious question. Did I kill a woman? Did i puncture her lungs? Did i make it worse? Did I kill a woman? Did I forever change a man's life? What will happen to her children?Who am I to judge?  Is she alright? Did I ruin my life? Or did I get lucky?