Chapter 14 | Tagged

Rosalie

I wake up after a nap.

I hop out of bed as bewilderment plasters on my face and hurry towards the windows.

"It's afternoon already?" I mumble under my breath as I eye the hurried streams of cars that are on their way home. The sun is nowhere to be found and the sky has grown to a darker shade of cyan color.

"What the-"

I hurry to grab my phone.

6:03 pm already?

What the hell? Why do I keep sleeping so freaking much lately?

"Oh, seems like Catalina left me something." I talk to myself as I look at the latest message on my phone.

_____________________________

Hey I didn't have time to tell to u about this. But I've been lookin for a part time job for a while now. I need to prepare enough money for applying to university n for us too. So a few days back I tried to apply for a job online and I got accepted. Im gonna be working as a waitress for a restaurant. My shift is from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. Don't wait for me gurl. There are a few slices of pizza left in the fridge. Have fun at home without me 🙂🙂

_____________________________

A slight chuckle stumbles from my lips after reading her note.

For us?

Aw, my best friend is so sweet!

But...

Now this actually got me thinking.

I should prepare for my own future as well. Like all jokes aside, I need to do something helpful too. For me and for my mom...

...

I have been eating while browsing and applying for jobs for quite some time now, I deserve some break!

As I'm about to turn on the TV, my phone has a notification.

I open it to see myself getting tagged in a post.

What's this...

A post from Vivian, the most popular girl in school??

Oddly, my internet speed unexpectedly slows down from this point, leaving the image blank as I wait patiently for it to load.

I take the time reading the caption while I'm at it.

"Aren't we made for each other?" I recite the caption word by word, guessing the meaning.

...

"What the hell?!" I scream and throw my phone away as the picture shows up.

Keith and the girl are in the picture together, looking very cozy with her arm around his shoulder and... She is even kissing him on the cheek!

What?!

Is this guy for real? Like he just downright cheated on me with another girl last night and after having tried to call me, text me begging for forgiveness.

Today, he even has the guts to pose a cozy picture with the most popular girl in school, grinning as she kisses his cheek like he enjoys it so much. Seriously?!

My finger shakingly hovers to the comments section, wondering what people are debating about.

There are 216 comments at the moment. The hearts of this post have now reached 1592.