Epilogue

Alexis's POV

So, here we are, a happily ever after in progress! Two years of wedded bliss with Kate, and wouldn't you know it, things with Dad eventually worked out (thanks, Grandma!). Remember how he was initially against Kim, pushing for some grand arranged marriage plan? Deep down, I always felt a grudge simmering between him and the Garnettes, but the specifics remained a mystery.

Well, picture this: Grandma and I, a formidable duo, march right up to Dad's doorstep. We burst through the door, a whirlwind of determination, and Grandma calls out, "Alexander! There you are!" before he can even blink.

Dad, bless his heart, looks like a deer caught in headlights. "Hey, Mom! Uh, what brings you here?" He stammers, a hint of panic lacing his voice.

Grandma throws her hands up in the air, her voice filled with mock exasperation. "You think I wouldn't find out about your little scheme? Arranging a marriage for my only granddaughter? What were you thinking, Alexander?" (Remember, he's the sole heir, so this adds a playful layer.)

Dad scratches his head, looking sheepish. "Mom, why are you even here?" He tries to maintain a tough facade, but it crumbles as he backs away, putting the couch between him and Grandma's playful wrath.

"Guards!" Grandma bellows, a twinkle in her eye. "Lock this scoundrel up!"

Dad puffs out his chest, a hint of defiance in his voice. "Hey! Don't you dare touch me, or you'll be out of a job!"

The "guards"—exchange a knowing glance and approach Dad with all their might.

Grandma throws her head back and laughs. "A little reminder, Alexander," she says, her voice dripping with mock seriousness. "These are my people, not yours!"

The end result? Dad ends up "locked up" in the grand dog house in the backyard. Not a real cage, of course, but more like a luxurious dog house fit for a king (well, maybe a slightly grumpy king).

"You fit in there just fine!" Grandma declares, a mischievous glint in her eye. "You put my granddaughter through the wringer with your 'schemes,' so now you get a taste of your own medicine!"

Despite the playful theatrics, there's a sense of underlying love and family bonding in the scene. It's clear that while Grandma may tease Dad, she ultimately cares for him and wants the best for everyone.

Then came the big reveal. Turns out, Grandma held the key to a secret past. Kim and Kate's mom, Amanda, was Dad's best friend! It all started at TechnoCom, their family business. Back in the day, sparks flew between Dad and Amanda, and guess what? They secretly got engaged! Unfortunately, Grandma, bless her heart, wasn't a fan of Amanda's family background. Dad, being the sweetheart he is (sometimes!), wasn't strong enough to defy Grandpa (who's an angel now, by the way). So, in general, it was a personal grudge against the TechnoCom, that Kate's family had taken over. But Kent, Kate's father, was already a big man in London. Amanda was the reason of the life they build in Cupertino.

Fast forward to now, Dad decided to bury the hatchet for his only daughter (me, of course!), and Kimmy—my little sweet pea. Grandma also spilled the tea about the Garnettes' huge influence in the business world—a match made in corporate heaven, some might say (though maybe not for love!).

Confused about my middle name, Anderson? That's all thanks to Mom's side of the family—Alessandra Anderson, reporting for duty!

Here's where things get even more interesting: Kate, the love of my life, is actually the mastermind behind TechnoCom. She took the reins from her dad, proving she's a force to be reckoned with! And guess what else? Kim, before we met, was just like me—all about friends, family, and carefree living. Business wasn't her thing, that was all Kate.