Chapter 4: Confessions and Doubts

The days turned into weeks, and as the initial excitement of the engagement settled, so did the weight of reality. Hyunjin and Felix, along with Minho and Jisung, found themselves grappling with personal doubts and confessions. These moments, though challenging, would ultimately bring them closer.

One quiet afternoon, Felix and Hyunjin decided to take a walk along the river. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the water. Felix seemed unusually quiet, his usual bright demeanor overshadowed by a contemplative silence.

Hyunjin noticed immediately. "Is something bothering you, Felix?" he asked gently.

Felix sighed, kicking a pebble into the water. "Hyunjin, can I be honest with you?"

"Of course. You can always be honest with me," Hyunjin replied, concern etched on his face.

Felix took a deep breath. "I'm scared. I mean, I care about you a lot, but marriage? It's a big deal. What if we're not ready? What if we fail?"

Hyunjin stopped walking and turned to face Felix, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Felix, it's okay to be scared. I'm scared too. But we don't have to have everything figured out right now. We just need to take things one day at a time and support each other."

Felix looked into Hyunjin's eyes and saw the sincerity there. "I guess you're right. It's just... I don't want to disappoint anyone."

"You won't," Hyunjin said firmly. "We're in this together. We'll figure it out."

Across town, Minho and Jisung were having their own conversation. They had decided to spend the evening at Jisung's apartment, watching a movie and enjoying some homemade snacks. As the credits rolled, Jisung turned to Minho with a serious expression.

"Minho, can we talk?"

Minho, sensing the shift in mood, nodded. "Sure, what's on your mind?"

Jisung took a moment to gather his thoughts. "I've been thinking a lot about us... and this marriage. It's just, I have so many dreams and goals, and I'm worried that I won't be able to balance everything."

Minho listened intently, his usual playful demeanor replaced with a rare seriousness. "I understand, Jisung. I've been feeling the same way. But I think it's important to remember that being married doesn't mean we have to give up our dreams. We can support each other in achieving them."

Jisung nodded slowly. "I know. I just don't want to feel like I'm being tied down or that I'm holding you back."

Minho reached out and took Jisung's hand. "You could never hold me back. If anything, you inspire me to be better. And I want to support you in everything you do."

Jisung's eyes softened. "Thanks, Minho. That means a lot."

Their conversation continued into the night, each confession bringing them closer. They shared their fears, dreams, and hopes, realizing that their arranged marriage had the potential to be more than just an obligation—it could be a partnership built on mutual respect and love.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin and Felix were sitting on a bench by the river, the cool evening breeze gently rustling the leaves. Felix felt a sense of calm wash over him as he spoke his heart out. "Hyunjin, I'm glad we're talking about this. It feels good to get it off my chest."

Hyunjin smiled. "Me too, Felix. And you know what? I believe in us. We've been friends for so long, and I think that gives us a strong foundation."

Felix nodded. "Yeah, you're right. And I'm willing to give this my all."

As the night deepened, both pairs found solace in each other's company. They realized that their doubts and fears were natural and that sharing them only made their bond stronger.

The next day, they decided to have a group meeting at a cozy café they all loved. Sitting around a table laden with pastries and drinks, they opened up about their feelings.

Hyunjin started. "We've all been talking about our worries and fears. Felix and I had a long conversation yesterday, and it helped a lot."

Jisung nodded. "Yeah, Minho and I did the same. It's good to know we're not alone in feeling this way."

Minho took a sip of his coffee. "I think it's important for us to remember that we don't have to have all the answers right now. We just need to support each other and take things one step at a time."

Felix smiled. "Exactly. And I think we're off to a good start. We've always been there for each other as friends, and now we'll be there for each other as partners."

As they talked, the atmosphere lightened. They shared stories, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company. The initial awkwardness of the engagement was fading, replaced by a growing sense of camaraderie and trust.

Later that evening, as they walked home, Hyunjin turned to Felix. "You know, I think we're going to be okay. We have great friends and a strong support system."

Felix nodded, feeling a warmth spread through him. "Yeah, I think so too."

Minho and Jisung walked ahead, their playful banter filling the air. "So, Minho, do you think we'll survive this whole marriage thing?" Jisung teased.

Minho grinned. "If we can survive your cooking, we can survive anything."

Jisung laughed, feeling lighter than he had in weeks. "Hey, my cooking's not that bad!"

The journey was just beginning, and while there would be challenges ahead, they knew they could face them together. With each passing day, their bond grew stronger, laying the foundation for a future filled with love, trust, and understanding.

(waa! 888 words! damn luckyyy well here is another chapter i hope you loved! anywaysss regarding 'adding drama' i decided that the best explanation would be 'i hate people who break up with someone and literally go to another' so yeah that's not gonna happen probably in my other stories too.tell me if y'all want like their fashion choices or even some hyunlix pics and voteeee)