Part 3

Part 3

At lunch, everyone was gathered in the garden while all were praising how beautiful Madhu looked , RK was only searching for the guy who is going to marry her. Ever since he got to know Madhu was getting married, he was curious to know who is that man. Knowingly or unknowingly, RK was intrigued by the man whom Madhu had chosen. What he would be like? Is that guy really better than him? And RK got his answer as Sultan Singhania made his way to the garden looking handsome as ever in off white kurta and churidaar payjama with golden stole. Everything about that man screamed of upper class elegance and riches. But Madhu was not that kind of girl who would go after wealth. So what did she find in him appealing?

RK was observing Sultan when he noticed a kid bumped into him and Sultan immediately went on his knees to help the kid. The kid looked embarrassed. Sultan straighten the kid's clothes, picked him up in his arms and assured him that its ok to bump into someone in a crowded place. Then he handed over the kid to his parents. Sultan then approached Madhu's parents and touched their feet, in fact took blessing of every elder in the close vicinity. Madhu was asked by the photographer for a pose and Sultan helped her by suggesting a better pose and even carried her clutch for her while she posed for a picture. Then some of Madhu's friends surrounded them and started chatting, by their looks and giggling sounds RK was sure they were just boring Sultan with the girly talks but Sultan maintained his cool and infact chatted with them like they were his friends also.

RK didn't know since when he was watching Sultan when all his friends came there and brought him out of thoughts.

"RK yaar, kya kar raha hai? Itna ghoor mat Sultan ko." Mukund nudged him.

"Nothing, just observing what could have drawn Madhu towards him." RK replied as he took another serving of ice cream for himself.

"Really? Did you find the answer?" Sikky inquired.

"Yes, its pretty much obvious. He is a quintessential sundar susheel sanskari ladka. He is a gentleman, sensitive, responsible, love kids and well trained to mask his annoyance." RK said in one breath.

"Basically he is your opposite." Ria commented and laughed.

"Har ladki ko aisa hi life partner chahiye hota hai. Madhu is lucky to find one." Deepali gave her opinion.

"Yes, he has all those qualities which I never had and probably would never be able to inculcate in my life." RK sighed sadly.

"Hmm! And you are going to respect Madhu's decision and will not create any scene here...right?" Mukund asked apprehensively.

"Why are you saying this?" RK didn't like that doubtful tone.

"Madhu's father was asking lots of questions about you and your past with Madhu. All thanks to the argument you guys had earlier." Mukund informed.

RK was quiet for sometime and this made everyone tense. He watched Sultan and Madhu once again and let out a sigh.

"RK, what happened?" Sikky shook him.

"Nothing, to be honest I was angry at her. I know I should not feel like that but I dont know why...I just...felt..." RK trailed off not knowing what to say? He himself didn't know why he was feeling sad and jealous and how to handle these feelings. He had thought that over the time he has said this lie so many times that he has moved on that it became his reality and he can handle this wedding but today all his pretense, all his defenses were crumbling down.