Chapter 3 : Ironhide

Bumblebee walks silently down the dark hallway. No sound can be heard other than the barely audible footsteps of the sparkling wine. The entrance to the base remains closed but will be easily opened once he can get close enough. 

The sparkling man laughs softly at his own plan. There isn't a single soldier awake now, all recharging after a tough but victorious fight against the Decepticons for energon. Many are injured and spend their nights in the medbay, but there is more energon now and Bumblebee is happy to see the adults eating, no longer skipping meals so he doesn't go hungry. 

Bumblebee is closer now, almost touching the entrance gate when something lifts him off the ground. He shakes with fright and fear, hoping it's not Optimus or worse, Ratchet.

He turns the helmet to whoever is holding it and, past the cub's relief, Ironhide is the one who stares at him with confusion and disbelief. He seems genuinely surprised to find the cub awake at such a time and Bumblebee looks very nervous as he smiles.

"Hi, Iron." 

"Bee, what are you doing up?" He questions, holding puppy properly. One arm under Bee's legs and the other on his back, keeping the cub close while he still manages to hold him. "I told you to recharge, didn't I? You said you were exhausted after training today."

Bumblebee flinches. The scratches and small dents in his armor no longer hurt like they did when he fought Ironhide. However, he can still feel the exhaustion after a full day of learning from the older mech and trying to keep up with the warrior. He's almost reloading on Ironhide, and all things considered, the older mech knows it.

But he can't let an opportunity like this slip between the digits.

"I wanted to see the stars."

Such a response surprises the old warrior. Bumblebee watches the glowing optics widen and watches the mech's jaw drop in surprise. He can't blame him for such a reaction, even if a little exaggerated.

Ironhide doesn't say a word and walks towards the training room where they were a short time ago. There is no longer an obstacle course created for Bumblebee that covered the entire floor of the room. Everything is organized and there is room for Ironhide to walk around without fear of tripping over something now.

He chooses to walk towards a bench and places Bee on it. The msch kneels before the sparkling wine with a narrow, serious and a little scary look. Bumblebee shrinks into his seat and looks at Ironhide with his antennae stuck to his yellow helmet. 

"Bumblebee, may I know the real reason you want to run away?" Now it's Bumblebee's turn to widen his optics "I'm not mad that you lied. Just confused. Please Bee, talk to me."

The pup flashes baby blue optics and watches as Ironhide appears to shrink into himself to purposely appear smaller to him. Ironhide, who is a merciless warrior and Optimus Prime's weapons expert is cowering before him.

Ironhide, one of the three warriors who took time to realize that like Optimus, he now has a bond with the cub before him. A strong, powerful and solid bond. A bond that brings warmth to the sparkling sparkle whenever it is near its caregivers.

Bumblebee holds one of the warrior's servants carefully. He uses both servos to get hold of a single one of Ironhide, a nostalgic and beloved image for both, reminding them of Bee's abandonment yet he could fit into a single servo and cry for attention. 

"I really wanted to see the stars" He whispers, squeezing one of the caretaker's digits "Seriously, Iron. I just wanted to go out for a bit like you all do. I thought if it was at night, no one would stop me and I could come back in no time." time without getting scolded."

"Bumblebee, it's very dangerous. The Decepticons could be above us without us seeing and they wouldn't hesitate to hurt you" Ironhide explains, shaking at the thought of seeing Bumblebee hurt "If we lost you, there's nothing that could hurt more. We love you so much."

"I know that, Drift told me" There is a roll of optics when he mentions the ally's name. Ironhide is always amused by how Bumblebee was never bothered by the fact that Drift was a former Decepticon, but rather by the fact that he had to share Ratchet with him "But I'm tired of being stuck here. I want to get out, I want to run." , I want to fight. I can't stand seeing the same walls and the same bots every day, Iron.

"Oh Bee..." Ironhide shakes his helmet from side to side with a laugh, impressed "You don't need to hide anything from us. You could have told anyone, we would understand."

"You guys were busy."

"Bumblebee, you are our shine and the light of our existence. No one matters to us like you" The mech takes the puppy in his arms in a tight hug that is soon reciprocated "You are the sparkling we love most in the entire universe."

Bumblebee snuggles into the caretaker's neck and Ironhide feels him smile, each word hitting Bumblebee in his spark. He can't let the cub out yet, not without knowing the basics of survival and not making sure the area around the base is safe. He can talk to Optimus when daylight comes, but right now, he lets the leader rest.

The warrior holds Bumblebee tighter and walks towards the simulation control. He usually uses it to train and exercise alone, but considering the moment, he has an idea

Bumblebee remains clinging to the larger mech when he hears the typing noise. He doesn't bother opening his optics, enjoying the warmth Ironhide provides through their bond, with occasional and accidental nudges from Jazz, but always loving even when Bumblebee knows he's recharging at that moment.

Something shines in the dark room and the cub forces himself to look up. The ceiling of the room, as well as the walls and floor, now imitates something completely different.

Optimus once told him that the best thing to do when on a ship is to observe the stars up close, almost as if you could touch them. Bumblebee imagines the feeling must be the same as he feels now, watching as the stars seem to dance around them, shining like nothing Bumblebee has ever seen before.

"You can't leave yet so I thought you'd like to see a little bit of what's out there" Ironhide holds him more firmly when Bee seems to almost fall due to exhaustion "Do you like it?"

All he gets in response is a tight, loving hug from Bumblebee. The antennae on the cub's helmet move as do the wings on its back, trembling with joy and excitement. The cub's happiness is felt by him in his spark and he knows that others, even if they are recharging, can feel it too.

"Thanks, Iron!"

Ironhide smiles and kisses the yellow helmet as Bumblebee whispers, about to recharge in his caretaker's arms. Bumblebee smiles, allowing himself to collapse against the mech's shoulder.

"You're welcome, Bee."