024.

'you two coming down?' i hear muffled as i move closer to oakley.

'nah, we'll chill in here for a bit.' oakley answers as he lays on his back and i move so my head is resting on his chest and i hear his heartbeat echo in my ear.

'aight, laters.' cruz speaks before the door shuts behind him and his footsteps recede.

'do you think he heard us?' i ask softly, tracing his tattoos with my fingertips softly.

'nah.' he mumbles as i hum in response.

'what did you want to talk about before.. you know?' i ask him as i feel him stiffen momentarily before he relaxes again. i sit up and turn to face him, looking down at him as he raises his brows at my bare chest. 'oh shut up and answer my question.'

'they're distracting me.' he jokes.

'oakley.' i say sternly before i lie down again, his hand resting on my hip as my head rests on his chest again.

'fine, fine. i was just gonna tell you.' he pauses, pissing me off already.

'oh my days, oakley—'

'i'm sorry, i'm sorry.' he chuckles. 'i was saying that i genuinely do like you bares, like actually, nadya.' he begins, my brows furrowing as i wait for him to finish. 'and like–' he pauses again, and i can tell that it's hard for communicate his feelings. if i'm being honest, i'm not surprised. i don't know much about his childhood, but i feel like i might know enough.

'i'm listening.' i say softly.

'i don't know how to say it in any other way, but i've just always been scared of commitment, you know?'

'you mean, commitment issues?' i say with a small chuckle as he reciprocates it.

'yeah, yeah.' he replies.

'anyway, go on.' i urge him, eager to find out what he had to say.

'but recently, i've only wanted to be with you. you're all i fucking think about nady, you don't get it. when i'm not with you, all i think about is what i'm gonna do with you or when i'm gonna see you again.' he unloads, and my heart warms at this. 'even when i was with vivienne, when you walked in for the first time and saw us, i saw your face drop and i felt sick. i hated myself for how i made you feel. and after that, i know it was you on the stairs that one day, and honestly, i'm glad that it was 'cah you got to hear what i actually think about you.' he explains as i sit up, looking down at him.

'i've never heard you talk so much, oakley.' i say with a small laugh, my eyes watering as i hug him, feeling his arms wrap tightly around my waist.

'you didn't let me finish.' he mumbles, kissing my shoulder as i laugh a little.

'i'm sorry, go on.' i apologise, sitting up again as i lean over and pull on one his shirts.

'i wanted to ask if you wanted to be my girlfriend.' he questions as my jaw drops.

'for real?' i ask, surprised with a small laugh.

'yes, for real.' he mocks me. 'why are you surprised?'

'i thought you didn't do girlfriends.' i shrug as he shakes his head.