19 • THE ROGUE PRINCE & THE HAND

Whist the sun rose over Black Water Bay and settled at it's base, Ser Otto received a disturbing report from last night, his informant tells him of Daemon and harsh doings with the gold cloaks in the city, killing and raiding criminals without the crown's authority.

Instantly sends a message to all the Small Council to assemble for a meeting. He then arrives at the South Wing of the Red Keep to report to the King. He sees two guards at the entrance of the King's quarters, he walks past them as they bow, stepping aside.

Daemon is a threat to the crown and he hates the King's brother with everything in his body, his blood boils whenever he acts without the crown's authority, and he's determined to ruin Daemon's image before Maegor, anything to keep away from the iron throne.

He will see to it, that Daemon is disinherited and sent back to Runestone.

The Hand knocks on the door, hoping to have an audience with the King, even though he thought Maegor might be sleeping at this early hour.

He continues knocking gently and the door opens.

"Otto?" Maegor calls.

The Hand sees the King fully dressed for a day of work.

"Your Grace..... Good morrow.." He bows curtly.

"What brings you here this morrow?" Maegor seemed disturbed, adjusting the collar of his shirt.

"I wish to speak to you on a delicate matter of great importance, Your Grace." Otto says with seriousness.

Seeing the look on his Hand's face, Maegor wrinkled his brows. "What is it?" He questions the older man as he button his wrists.

"I have called an emergency meeting with the Small Council Your Grace."

"Why?"

"It concerns the gold cloaks and Prince Daemon." He states as Maegor frowns ruefully.

The King strides in the Red Keep halls as Otto follows him, narrating the whole incident, the King listens intently and his blood boil at the crimes done to the small folks by the gold cloaks.

"It was an unprecedented roundup of alleged criminals of every ilk.," Otto informes the King.

"Your brother made a public show of it, meting out the summary judgments himself."

The Hand leads King Maegor to the small council chamber, the report was unsettling and it made Maegor troubled, the city's watch excessive violence were alarming last night.

"I'm told they needed a five-horse cart to haul away the resulting... dismemberments when it was done." Otto tells the King with profanity.

Reaching the doors, Ser Hightower pushes through them and steps aside as Maegor walked in, he followed and trailed behind the guards bow.

Lord Commander Ryam Redwyne is already inside, standing over the small council table.

The members of the King's inner circle are all in attendance, sitting and waiting for the King and the Hand to arrive.

Daemon too is already waiting inside already seated in his position, un-borthered and unfazed.

He is still wearing his armor and gold cloak from the night before. A red smear stains his new gold cloak. Daemon took his previously empty, kept for him at the small council. He sat down smiling with mischief etched across his face.

The room was quiet, the only sounds heard, were the curtains blowing in command of the breeze, the gulls and birds were cawing in the sky, the indistinct hagglings from within the city and the bells tolling at the White Harbour.